5,604,730 Members 33,679 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[REQ} Stock Recovery for LG G2

Tip us?

Steamer86
Old
Thanks Meter 126
Single file would be the way to go. No clue, have never actually used it. Just backed it up. Sorry. Maybe just may work for me. Shouldn't you be able to remove from a tot or extracted kdz bin?
The Following User Says Thank You to Steamer86 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dcchristopher
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Default Reverting to stock recovery in order to accept OTA updates ...

For anyone trying to apply any OTA updates, e.g., from Verizon, after modding your phone, restoring back to your previous version and wanting to go back to stock (for WHATEVER reason):

As you may have found out, trying to apply OTA updates with a custom recovery seemingly bricks your phone (it doesn't really, there are some nifty "dd" Linux commands you can use to get your phone to break out of the boot-loop it's stuck in).

Since I went back to my previously backed up stock ROM, I also wanted to revert to my stock recovery so that I could accept Verizon's OTA updates (if only because the popup reminders are annoying and a drain of the battery).

Here are the steps I followed, thanks to this thread:

- I downloaded the recovery.img from the link in Partager.info's post (#4) (choose the model subfolder which corresponds to your variant of the G2).
- I used "adb push" to copy the file from my computer to /sdcard (good to have on the sdcard partition as the rest get blown away when you flash a ROM)
- I installed "Flashify (for root users)" (found in the Play Store) on my phone
- I ran Flashify and chose the stock recovery file I downloaded which was in the /sdcard folder as expected (no need to put image files in specific folders; whatever works best for you)
- It flashed it in a blink of the eye and asked me to reboot; I did and it's worth mentioning I got the Android with the triangle (*clench*)
- I held the power button and forced it to shut down/reboot
- Upon reboot, I saw the Verizon boot animation (*unclench*)
- I checked for an update from Verizon and it prompted me to reboot and apply it; I clicked "Install now"
- It successfully rebooted and applied the update; what a relief to see the firmware update splash screen

Pfew. Thanks again, Partager.info and Steamer86.
The Following User Says Thank You to dcchristopher For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gunduzb26
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default hii

hello . fırstly sorry my bad english..I have lg g2 D802 32 gb.. I have used so much roms for my phone after that i wanted to turn stock rom . and I uptade 6UR/TURKEY_OPEN_16 V10C LGD802 this rom to my phone , firstly gıve error and which is wanted to pın . i tried again and i could installed to rom . but i saw that my phones memory decrease 16 gb. i tried more things suchs as make root again, and ınstall custom roms, install euro stock roms but no cant solve this problem..MY PHONE MEMory was 32 gb BUT NOW 16 gb ... i hope you can help me

Anarchia992
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Guys Can someone hlep me with a stock recovery for my lg g2 d802 italy vodafone 10c?
Thx a lot!