Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,781 Members 46,484 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Why is Samsung acting like Apple?

Tip us?

stoney73
Old
Thanks Meter 294
Really? Another thread to whine about Knox?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Download link to Random Android Stuff @ my Google Drive

[[COLOR="Black"]B]N97(sold) - Htc Hero (sold) - Dell Streak (sold) - Samsung Tab(sold) - Samsung Galaxy S2(Sold) - Acer A500(sold) - Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 P7510(sold)[/B]Samsung N7000(galaxy Note)([COLOR="DarkRed"]Sold) Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 P3100

radicalisto
Old
Thanks Meter 1,409

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultramag69 View Post
These companies get too big and start to dictate what the user wants instead of listening... And when they are sitting pretty on top they tend to stop developing new innovations because "They are the best" and then the item tends to stagnate with VERY little actual developement thrown in. Anything new is a kneejerk reaction to the next up and comer for king of the heap....
They will still say it is for the best of the user but in reality its because they're too damn lazy to work. Then comes the copyright everything attitudeand the litigation and more effort is spent suing others for copyright einfingement than making the latest and greatest, what was Apple"s big thing a while back, oh yeah, lets make it white....
Works well for them and most users who have a hard time working out which end to speak in but not for those who actually want to own, use and control what their device actually does....
This post basically nails all the reasons in one fell swoop..
// LG G3 (D855) // Stock // Stock //

S3(White) > M7(Red) > Note 3(Black) > Nexus 5(Black) > M8(Gunmetal) > LG G3 (Titan Grey)

sohebq
Old
Thanks Meter 534
And then they are forcing to use original accessories which is really really stupid of Samsung.

aydc
Old
Thanks Meter 379
Question: Why is Samsung acting like Apple?
Answer: Because Apple is the most successful company in the world.

Do you really need another reason?

Lonzo_SGS2_506
Old
Thanks Meter 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by aydc View Post
Question: Why is Samsung acting like Apple?
Answer: Because Apple is the most successful company in the world.

Do you really need another reason?
C'mon!!

OK. I've had rooted and hacked everyphohe I've had.. Since Nokia monocromatic days, Sony Ericsson devices and now android... I've used almost every custom ROM.. Applied hundreds of modifications, etc, etc... Trust me. Its funny how ppl complain about software and this Knox thing... Android continues to be on top of iOS for many many reasons... Many many reasons!!

I personally like to root .. Of course but with power comes disorder.. Yes maybe cosmetic custom is one of the reasons for rooting..and its fun. But as it comes with plenty of features so it comes with problems never experienced on stock.. Like freezes, restarts,etc, etc.. U know what am talking about.. Most of us have chosen the Gnote 3 for its innumerable capacities over almost every device on the market. It is a beast. No doubt. For me I haven't seen yet any modification or feature that make me wanna root my note.. It is a beast as it is now. Am not running KK.. Uh uh.. I'll wait for a more completed version... I have more than 15 years using cellphones and customizing them.. And now it seems that companies are getting to know what customers need in their devices .. That's why rooting will no longer be necessary.. Why don't you sit and think about this? I've root my Sgs2 and could have the multi window feature when it came out.. And the list goes and goes.. Arent you able to see we are going to another place now with stock phones?? Actually CM will have its on device sponsored by Google itself !!! See for example the multiple features of the moto x ... It is like R2D2 haha.. Personally I'm happy with the nowadays devices..let s see what's next...

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda app-developers app
XPERIA ZL stock rom

pete4k
Old
Thanks Meter 73
At least Samsung will not shut down your phone and force update, like Crapple does, on Samsung at least you can disable updates. And blame other users as well for this lockdowns: how many people brick their phones when modding and then at least try to claim warranty repairs or exchange? I don't have to look far, my good friend rooted his Note3 and this made his Gear stop working. Couldn't fix it, so he took it to service center and strangely enough they did fix it for free (he may have unrooted first, I don't know), by bringing all to stock and he is a hacker, perfectly capable of figuring it out, just didn't want to bother I guess. And yes, because Crapple is so successful, many companies will follow suit, so blame all Crapple users as well. If Crapple was a total failure, no one would imitate them.

recklesslife85
Old
Thanks Meter 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete4k View Post
At least Samsung will not shut down your phone and force update, like Crapple does, on Samsung at least you can disable updates. And blame other users as well for this lockdowns: how many people brick their phones when modding and then at least try to claim warranty repairs or exchange? I don't have to look far, my good friend rooted his Note3 and this made his Gear stop working. Couldn't fix it, so he took it to service center and strangely enough they did fix it for free (he may have unrooted first, I don't know), by bringing all to stock and he is a hacker, perfectly capable of figuring it out, just didn't want to bother I guess. And yes, because Crapple is so successful, many companies will follow suit, so blame all Crapple users as well. If Crapple was a total failure, no one would imitate them.
Soon change in a few years. You'll see Samsung become more and more like Apple in time.
Current Phone(s)

iPhone 5S, OnePlus One

Past Phones
Siemens A55, Nokia 3210, Motorola V600, Samsung D500, Motorola Razr, LG Prada, HTC Diamond, iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, Motorola Milestone, HTC HD2, HTC Sensation, iPhone 4, Galaxy SII, Galaxy Nexus, HTC HD7, Dell Venue Pro, iPhone 4S, HTC One X, Galaxy SIII, Galaxy Note 1, Galaxy Note 2, Nexus 4, iPhone 5, Xperia Z, HTC One, Galaxy S4, LG G2, Nexus 5, Galaxy Note 3, HTC One (m8), Galaxy S5

aydc
Old
Thanks Meter 379
Samsung used to be just another Korean electronics company, like what LG is today. Then they started copying Apple. The more they copied Apple, the more successful they became. It's this simple. Believe it. If you do what successful people do, you become successful. Just because you don't like something doesn't mean it doesn't work.

st3chn0
Old
Thanks Meter 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by aydc View Post
Samsung used to be just another Korean electronics company, like what LG is today. Then they started copying Apple. The more they copied Apple, the more successful they became. It's this simple. Believe it. If you do what successful people do, you become successful. Just because you don't like something doesn't mean it doesn't work.
Just like the sales of apple is now falling I believe it will also happen to samsung.

Another thing not related to your comment since they've stopped allot people from rooting and developing due to the warranty issues. Development is Damn slow now. Like they did with gokhanmoral (think thats how you spell it all credits to him) with the s2 they had cherry picked from his kernel tree to implement into the stock to make stock run even smoother. Now there's only really one kernel in development for the international model compared to what previous phones had where there were quite a range.

What's the point of having really high end specs if you can't really exploit them? and sticking to something which much lower and play 'safe'.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda app-developers app
Nokia 5310 -> Samsung F400 -> Galaxy S1 -> Galaxy S2 ->Galaxy S3 -> Xperia Ray -> Galaxy Note 3