Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,404 Members 39,281 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How is the LGE compared to the GPE?

Tip us?

salemsayed
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Default [Q] How is the LGE compared to the GPE?

Hello everyone,

I'm currently thinking of buying the LG G Pad 8.3 mainly because of it's size, I believe it will strike as the best tablet size for my usage. Anyway, I can't buy the GPE version as it's sold only in the US and the store will only accept a US credit card and I'm not really sure about the LGE V5100 so I wanted to hear from you guys. Would you prefer the LGE over the GPE edition? I'm mainly concerned about the lag.

Also, how are the custom roms? I found the Mahdi-Rom to be very popular around here but I don't really understand, is it a stock ROM? or just built above the stock LG rom with some customizations?

Thanks,
Salem

whoamigriffiths
Old
(Last edited by whoamigriffiths; 22nd January 2014 at 07:40 PM.)
Thanks Meter 648
At this moment in time the LGE is getting all the love on here.
Right now I'm happy I could only get it as I live in the UK. Though in fairness aosp and gravity box would meet my needs perfectly.
I think in time the tables will turn and we'll see more development for the GPE.
Mahdi is I believe based on CM11, it's most definitely not based on LGs rom.
Malladus is based on LG's rom.
The roms are coming along brilliantly with gpad features being quietly added back to the roms (I guess cm11 and mahdi are the front runners in this department)though Malladus has pretty much all the features as it's based on the LG rom (jellybean)
Hope this helps
All the best rich

Sent from my LG-V500 using XDA Premium HD app
"It's psychosomatic. You need a lobotomy. I'll get a saw."