5,598,938 Members 31,463 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Broken Touch Screen Replacement?

Tip us?

carpasouza
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy Broken Touch Screen Replacement?

Hello guys,

I from Brazil, and um forum threads and sites here, I'm finding lots of people complaining about how I easy is to get your phone touch screen broked... Like happened to me... =(

It's very hard to found someone to replace, and when it's very expensive when you found, like half the price of the phone!

As I like to do thing by myself, anyone knows a online store to buy a replacement? I was told that I'll need a new lcd and touch, because they are attached together.

Tks!

cesc1972
Old
Thanks Meter 8
http://www.etradesupply.com/motorola...bly-black.html

Enviado desde mi XT1032 mediante Tapatalk

nirmalbalaji
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Seems the touch screen issue is pretty much normal lately. Does the touch screen of Moto G has been really easy to get brokened?

carpasouza
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
It's very easy to get you moto g broken! I read about phone broked after drops from 30cm!

There is a video showing how to disassemble?? Is it easy?

pisherthefisher
Old
Thanks Meter 330
To be honest you might be better off saving yourself the hassle and just buying a new moto g at this point. New screen+digitizer is almost half the price of a new phone.

Sent from my XT1034 using Tapatalk

ares93
Old
Thanks Meter 83
Yeah, I have a small crack and a 2 cm scratch already. From what, I don't know. I treated it like royalty.

Turns out that unbreakable and unscratchable screen is both breakable and scratchable....
Moto G 8GB - Atrix 4G (RIP) - HTC HD2 (RIP/New unit ordered.)

theArchitektas
Old
Thanks Meter 6

DONATE TO ME
Well I really can't believe it's that easy to break the screen. One thing for sure, it's not "unbreakable and unscratchable", it's scratch resistant (which simply means that it can survive more than "normal" glass, but it's not something magical).

And how come do you notice that it's broken, if you say you "treated it like royalty"? I mean, it's all OK one time, and the next time you take a look, it's broken? Well that's some magic.

16 GB, stock 4.4.2

ares93
Old
Thanks Meter 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by theArchitektas View Post
Well I really can't believe it's that easy to break the screen. One thing for sure, it's not "unbreakable and unscratchable", it's scratch resistant (which simply means that it can survive more than "normal" glass, but it's not something magical).
I'm quite aware of that, but the way they hype this crap, it sounds like it can survived a nuclear holocaust. I've cracked my fair share of digitizers, so I have a fair understanding of how much punishment they can take. And this is one of the weaker ones.

Quote:
And how come do you notice that it's broken, if you say you "treated it like royalty"? I mean, it's all OK one time, and the next time you take a look, it's broken? Well that's some magic.
Basically that's what happened. I didn't see anything a day earlier when I cleaned off the screen. I have honestly no idea what happened. The only thing I can think of is that I had my pass card in the same pocket for maybe an hour. But is seriously doubt it can scratch, not to mention crack, a digitizer.

As for how I found it. I was soldering and left the phone next to the soldering station. I pushed the magnifier aside and when I looked back at the phone I saw the crack though the lens. Its minimal, a maybe 1-1.5 mm X shaped crack. Can't even see it without looking for it in direct light. But its there.
Moto G 8GB - Atrix 4G (RIP) - HTC HD2 (RIP/New unit ordered.)