5,605,685 Members 48,350 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Any problems with G Pad? Nexus 7 or something else?

Tip us?

Lucien2
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Nice. Form factor seems great. I have a Nexus 7 so it seem unlikely I'd get this though....

Stujoe
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I have not had any issues with mine. I really like it a lot. My screen is nice and I get about 7hours of my use with 40percent brightness which is my normal level inside. Mine runs smoothly and the screen really is a big difference to my old eyes coming from a seven inch screen.

Only things I have been disappointed with is the included remote being very limited and no third party one worrying with the ir blaster. And the fact that you cannot move apps to the SD card without rooting.

One of those is pretty minor to me and the other can be worked around by rooting when I need to. Overall I really love this thing.

Sent from my LG-V500 using xda app-developers app

Canadoc
Old
Thanks Meter 99
Wish apps to sd card works best with easiest management

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk

naruto.ninjakid
Old
Thanks Meter 28
The new galaxy pro 8.4 tab samsung introduced today spiked my interest. What do you guys think ? If the price is right it should be a go for me but I don't know with those specs it could be pretty expensive. Lol my gpad is supposed to come tomorrow

http://www.gottabemobile.com/2014/01...neup-revealed/

http://www.engadget.com/2014/01/06/s...o-series-2014/

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

Enjoying My Devices

LeighR
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 78
That galaxy tablet does look very nice, although pretty similar to the V500.

I bought the G Pad 8.3 about 10 days ago and absolutely love it. Very glad I chose it over the nexus. Perfect size for games and comics etc.

Sent from my LG-V500 using xda app-developers app

Lttlwing16
Old
Thanks Meter 45
I'm in the same boat as the OP. Trying to decide. Does the back get noticeably warm to anyone? The display unit at BB got pretty warm near the camera area after I was on it for a while..didn't know if this was normal or just bc of display unit use/aluminum conductance

I'm between this and the n7 (2013) coming from a n7 2012

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Hibble
Old
(Last edited by Hibble; 18th January 2014 at 04:39 PM.)
Thanks Meter 44
If you wanna have a bigger screen the G Pad is just the right for you.
Otherwise the N7 2013 would be equal and costs a bit less.

Moreover knock on feature would be pro G Pad and the IR blaster.

Canadoc
Old
Thanks Meter 99
I am. Coming from a nexus. 7 which I lost. Decided to replace with something larger add I felt the 7 inch screen was not different enough compared to the note 3 own. This tablet is the perfect size and still usable in one hand. It is much better for reading. Browsing and especially PDF. The only negative compared to the nexus was the dinner screen but I use my tablet indoors mostly and the brightness had not been an issue as I rarely go above 60%. Price wise was 65$more than the nexus 7 16 gb but truthfully would have to buy the 32 no expandable storage on nexus. So then price is only 20$different

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk

woody1
Old
Thanks Meter 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lttlwing16 View Post
I'm in the same boat as the OP. Trying to decide. Does the back get noticeably warm to anyone? The display unit at BB got pretty warm near the camera area after I was on it for a while..didn't know if this was normal or just bc of display unit use/aluminum conductance

I'm between this and the n7 (2013) coming from a n7 2012

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
In my experience, if you use any device while charging it, it will get warm. When mine's not charging, it doesn't get very warm.

dcaplinger76
Old
Thanks Meter 172
Currently have the Nexus 7 2013, thinking of exchanging for the G Pad.. Not much for quantity of Roms over here but in the end it is quality and not quantity. All I need is one good ROM. Hope I don't regret exchanging . Like the other poster I also have a Note 3 and see myself grabbing it more than my Nexus.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app