[MOD] Dialer (AOSP) to Google Dialer, works with odexed ROM/ART - NOW also themed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

NightRiderr

Aug 14, 2010
I get a force close every time I enter the APN settings page. I'm running the latest cm nightly on nexus 5. I also stopped receiving calls.

Sent from my Nexus 5

MandoH

Jul 19, 2012
Bakersfield
@Thyrus. Any way to make this work with PA. 4.0 Beta 2 with out interfering with tiles and increasing ringtone?? Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

T

Thyrus

@Thyrus. Any way to make this work with PA. 4.0 Beta 2 with out interfering with tiles and increasing ringtone?? Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

Yes. By not using PA. Sorry but PA is - same as last year - not a ROM that works well with any sort of modifications.

The dialer they use is using some of PAs customizations bwhich are not included in the Google Dialers as that one is straight from Google.

MikeRL100

Jun 20, 2012
This really went from being the most convenient zip of Google Dialer IMHO (works better than the PA one for me) to being a work of art as well. I wish more people would theme 4.4.2 GAPPs for KitKat and make them work with as many ROMs as possible. I've noticed (at least a few weeks ago) that the only thing still in pure white is the settings screen. Is that a limitation you haven't been able to theme properly, or is it something still to theme? That and these dialer themes are 100% perfect if that's fixed. I know proprietary is a royal pain to work with, but still I'm curious. You've done some good work. I wish Google knew how to theme so well! Especially since a lot of themed apps or themes have given me crashes, but this one works perfectly.

T

Thyrus

This really went from being the most convenient zip of Google Dialer IMHO (works better than the PA one for me) to being a work of art as well. I wish more people would theme 4.4.2 GAPPs for KitKat and make them work with as many ROMs as possible. I've noticed (at least a few weeks ago) that the only thing still in pure white is the settings screen. Is that a limitation you haven't been able to theme properly, or is it something still to theme? That and these dialer themes are 100% perfect if that's fixed. I know proprietary is a royal pain to work with, but still I'm curious. You've done some good work. I wish Google knew how to theme so well! Especially since a lot of themed apps or themes have given me crashes, but this one works perfectly.

Thanks a lot.. Now about that setting being white - I can't theme that. I know where it is (the android manifest), but the problem is unless you have the source (Google dialer is proprietary so not on AOSP) and you can build from it - it will fc once I touch it... So no, I am afraid there oa nothing I can do about it...

conflikt

Sep 11, 2007
Anyone using this successfully with cm 11& Google voice? I've used it before with cm 11 but wasn't sure how it would effect Google voice? Also I get a phantom voice mail icon when using it that will not go away. Any fix for the phantom voice mail icon?? Thanks for all of the hard work dev.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using xda app-developers app

Maestropcxp

Apr 14, 2012
Amazing!
I really like this mod, works perfectly with Revolution ROM, but you can make a light version V2 but with less blue?

Regards

JaqaL06

Jan 16, 2012
Ankara
if i want to use it with cm11 which file should i install? i tried to replace googledialer.apk with dialer.apk and got fc all time :)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 11:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 PM ----------

and i didn't see incoming call screens :) how about transparency? is it like stock dialer or half transparent or full transparent like this?
ure9yhap.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jsparta26

mymusicathome

Dec 4, 2011
Thanks for sharing. Any chance of adding Non-intrusive call notification option or version?

Sent from my HammerHead

Rapier

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Thanks for sharing. Any chance of adding Non-intrusive call notification option or version?

Sent from my HammerHead
That is an option in some ROMs, it's not part of stock Google Dialer...like the "network event notification" option. Thyrus themes the stock one, don't know if he can theme each and every derivative version for every ROM (even if I would like to see those options in this black themed dialer)

unroot_

Jan 10, 2014
Can someone Upload the AOSP-Dialer for use on my stock Nexus 5?
I can't get to like the KitKat dialer

T

Thyrus

Right then - I have a treat for you guys.

As some of you MAY know the team from Slim have started making an "open source google dialer" - which now has:

"Caller ID by Google"
and
"Nearby places" included

Whilst the Slimrom team cannot make this public before they clarify some of the legal issues - I have taken the liberty to cherry pick this commit - and it works fine.

Furthermore - I have then added the commit we themers made in CM (see here) to restore dialer to full theming compability.

So what

We have a dialer that contains CallerID and NearbyPlaces - the real differences from Google Dialer. Flashing it is a breeze - no more telephony.apk additions required - which means it should work on ALL roms and the other issues should be a thing of the past and it will not overwrite any other APKs. I also made it fully themer-compatible...

Lastly - to theme it I have made my theme CM11 dialer-theming compatible and have just uploaded it on my beta channel - welcome to dark dialer properly themed without any issues!

DOWNLOAD
SLIMROM_OpenSource_GoogleDialer_ThemeReady - DEODEX
SLIMROM_OpenSource_GoogleDialer_ThemeReady - ODEX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I made a flashable zip that works. See the moto link in my signature.

Flash this after a backup. Didn't need to worry about wiping. Just move or delete dialer.apk after you boot with the new dialer.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    I just uploaded the Google Dialer - this time themed dark to compliment my KitKat themes on the market.

Tested and works with CM11 on Nexus 4 and Nexus 5. Also works with ART.

DOWNLOAD for Android 4.4.2

Screens:

ini1.png
    peyi.png

jz0f.png
    q94q.png

+100000

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
    Okay for those of you who are not able to get the new dialer working.

1)Manually copy all three files(6 if you're using the odexed version) from the zip to the appropriate folders in your /system partition.
    2)Set proper permissions for each file
    3)DO NOT delete Dialer.apk. Reboot your phone. If you get FCs reboot again. This time there should no FCs
    4)Delete Dialer.apk from your phone and reboot.

Everything should be working normally! :)
    I'm getting really confused. As, I am new to this flashing stuff (rom's kernel's). I'm on catcalysm with franco r32 and some Xposed modules. I have no idea what odex or deodex is.

Can you guide me through it? can you guide me what packages should I choose?.

The system apps that come with stock ROM are odexed which actually give better performance, while custom roms are deodexed. .

This still doesn't help me. I have the PA gaps which is very much same as stock apps. So which one should I flash? Odex or de odexed.?

Are you on a custom ROM? You say you are. So, there's your answer. ;)