XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Locking an unlocked Sprint S3

Tip us?

kf5jak
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Locking an unlocked Sprint S3

I bought a Galaxy S3 from Gazelle on eBay. Though it was listed as unrooted, it turned out to be. Because of this, Sprint could add it to their network, but the phone wouldn't go through hands free activation. We tried entering the MSL/SPC code they had on file, however the phone would not respond to it. I unrooted the phone, and installed the stock 4.3 rom. Though, it would still not take the MSL/SPC code. This led me to believe the phone is unlocked, which turned out to be correct. The SPC is 000000, and when a call is made, it forwards to Verizon's customer service.

This being said, am I correct is needing to set the SPC back to the correct one? Also, when entering ##000000# I added my phone number as the MDN, and the MSID from my previous phone as the MSID. However, the MSID did not take. It's still saying 0000009088.

I've been at this for 13 hours now, and have ran out of ideas.

DFS CDMA Tool results in an error "GET SEC_CODE CPS_ERROR BAD_SPC_MODE" when trying to change the SPC code.

Anyone have any idea?

Thanks!!!!

digit12345
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by kf5jak View Post
I bought a Galaxy S3 from Gazelle on eBay. Though it was listed as unrooted, it turned out to be. Because of this, Sprint could add it to their network, but the phone wouldn't go through hands free activation. We tried entering the MSL/SPC code they had on file, however the phone would not respond to it. I unrooted the phone, and installed the stock 4.3 rom. Though, it would still not take the MSL/SPC code. This led me to believe the phone is unlocked, which turned out to be correct. The SPC is 000000, and when a call is made, it forwards to Verizon's customer service.

This being said, am I correct is needing to set the SPC back to the correct one? Also, when entering ##000000# I added my phone number as the MDN, and the MSID from my previous phone as the MSID. However, the MSID did not take. It's still saying 0000009088.

I've been at this for 13 hours now, and have ran out of ideas.

DFS CDMA Tool results in an error "GET SEC_CODE CPS_ERROR BAD_SPC_MODE" when trying to change the SPC code.

Anyone have any idea?

Thanks!!!!
to be clear you do not have to "lock" your phone for a carrier to use it on any network its just them being pricks if they suggest it as they are trying to sell you something. and i would call verizon to release the phone from their system as thats probably whats causing your issue as it isnt allowing it to move off network thus preventing sprint to put it in to their system and allowing you to acctivate it. otherwise it sounds as if youve done everything else that i would suggest.

---------- Post added at 12:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 PM ----------

also i may be asking a dumb question but is this a verizon version of the s3?

kf5jak
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by digit12345 View Post
to be clear you do not have to "lock" your phone for a carrier to use it on any network its just them being pricks if they suggest it as they are trying to sell you something. and i would call verizon to release the phone from their system as thats probably whats causing your issue as it isnt allowing it to move off network thus preventing sprint to put it in to their system and allowing you to acctivate it. otherwise it sounds as if youve done everything else that i would suggest.

---------- Post added at 12:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 PM ----------

also i may be asking a dumb question but is this a verizon version of the s3?
Gotcha, well I'll give that a try then. And no, it's the sprint version.

kf5jak
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by kf5jak View Post
Gotcha, well I'll give that a try then. And no, it's the sprint version.
Well, I just got off the phone with Verizon, they asked for the HEX of the IMEI, I read the 'HEX' on the sticker on the back of the phone to them, however, they said they could not find that device ever being on any Verizon account. This came a little odd to me though. When I view the 'IMEI' in the about menu on the phone, it shows as all zeros.

EDIT: I just noticed something as I was checking what the IMEI says.. MEID in the about menu, is different than what it is on the sticker!