Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,731 Members 40,755 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

looking for a faster wall charger

Tip us?

x000x
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 114
Default looking for a faster wall charger

can anyone give recommendations for the xperia z tablet? on a side note, anyone happen to know the maximum amps that it will safely accept? i've seen some iphone chargers that claim 2.4A, but not sure if that would be compatible with an android tablet or if there is some kind of regulator in the sony tablet that would prevent it from accepting more than what the default charger outputs. i'm also wondering about long term effects of using something that has a higher output compared to the stock charger. would that be a reason for concern?

Felimenta97
Old
Thanks Meter 2304
The Xperia Tablet Z has an internal limit of 1.8A. That's 300 mAh more compared to the one that comes with the device (1.5A). You can buy an iPad charger (2.1A). It won't cause any problems, because the device won't recieve the other 300 mAh. If I'm right, those are dissipated with heat on the charger itself.

x000x
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 114
thanks! thats just the info i was looking for.

N1NJATH3ORY
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by x000x View Post
can anyone give recommendations for the xperia z tablet? on a side note, anyone happen to know the maximum amps that it will safely accept? i've seen some iphone chargers that claim 2.4A, but not sure if that would be compatible with an android tablet or if there is some kind of regulator in the sony tablet that would prevent it from accepting more than what the default charger outputs. i'm also wondering about long term effects of using something that has a higher output compared to the stock charger. would that be a reason for concern?
It's not really recommended to change chargers on your tablet.. i even spoke to Belkin care yesterday i asked if this charger will work with my Tablet Z clicky Belkin said to me even tough it will work, with my Tablet Z. But they do NOT recommend it, as long run it will destroy the battery life... if you really need juice on the move, just pick up a charge pack that Sony sells on there website...

Jequan
Old
Thanks Meter 27
No idea how it affects battery life but the ipad 4 charger will charge the tablet Z in like half the time.
I have tested this myself.
I went back to the orginal charger because i charge overnight anyways and i don't want to kill my battery.

Rootk1t
Old
Thanks Meter 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jequan View Post
No idea how it affects battery life but the ipad 4 charger will charge the tablet Z in like half the time.
I have tested this myself.
I went back to the orginal charger because i charge overnight anyways and i don't want to kill my battery.
i own ipad charger 2,4A and it helps to charge the tablet only 30% faster, not half time. Original charger doesn't manage to charge the battery from 0% to 100% for 6 hours, so it's no good( The ipad one makes it in 4.15.
Sony Xperia Tablet Z SGP321
Rom: Stock, rooted
Build: 10.5.A.0.230
Kernel: Stock
Recovery: XZDualRecovery (CWM+TWRP)
MicroSDHC: SanDisk 32GB Class 10 UHS-I

colliderz
Old
Thanks Meter 5
I have noticed that it takes much less time to charge the tablet with the latest 4.3 update.

x000x
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 114
I ended up getting this one http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
it had a lot of positive reviews, a 6ft. chord and charges at 1.8A, I figured anything over that would be overkill.