5,605,120 Members 37,548 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Is LG G Pad 8.3 unbrickable?

Tip us?

henrikpw
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Question [Q] Is LG G Pad 8.3 unbrickable?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos2oo2 View Post
I have another question:

currently there are two ways to return from whatever back to stock rom:

Mentioned here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2543350
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2471370

This involves the LG Tool to restore the image from their servers. Does this mean the G Pad is virtually unbrakeable (unbrickable)? So that I always can do the Factory reset when I messed something up during root/flash? Or are there any chances I can do something that really brakes the G Pad and makes it unusable?

Kind regards,
Michael
No one replied to this persons thead, and i have the same question, so i made a new thread

Sean09
Old
Thanks Meter 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by henrikpw View Post
No one replied to this persons thead, and i have the same question, so i made a new thread
Nothing is unbrickable, it all depends how badly you screw it up.

Check the v510 conversion thread for details, but nobody will tell you universally a device is unbrickable, and if they do, they are liars.

joshuadjohnson22
Old
(Last edited by joshuadjohnson22; 21st January 2014 at 07:32 PM.)
Thanks Meter 709

DONATE TO ME
All devices are brickable if you really screw things up. But most devices are really hard not to save. Normally you have to do something major like flash something not meant for the device. I know of a member in this forum who bricked his V500 and has yet to recover. Doesn't mean he wont just means it will be hard to. Just read carefully and follow the instructions and you will be fine

Sorry @Sean09 didn't mean to say the exact same thing in my first line . One of those times you post before you read everything.
If I have helped you out, it doesn't hurt to hit that thanks button!
Current:
LG G2
LG G Pad 8.3
Previous Devices:

Nokia 6225, Razr V3i, Nokia 6682, Nokia N73, Sony Ericson w810i, HTC S710, HTC Touch, iPhone, iPhone 3G Black, iPhone 3GS Black, iPhone 4 Black, Samsung Galaxy S2 Black, iPhone 4 Black (again), Pantech Burst Black, HTC One X grey, Samsung Galaxy S4 Black, HTC One Black, HTC One Silver, Galaxy S4 Active Urban Grey(current)

..also had multiple "Go Phones"

katsika
Old
Thanks Meter 48
It is unbrickable. Even if you have messed with the rom and the recovery the lg mobile support tool can flash the stock recovery and rom as long as you can enter into download mode though. Now if things get worse you can send it to lg and they ll unbrick it for sure with a jigkick battery or something like that, but you may have to pay as it may not be covered by the warranty.

LeighR
Old
Thanks Meter 78
If you physically damage the hardware, you'll probably end up with a brick. However, LG devices are very recoverable. Wkparks tool for the O3D put severe bricks into download mode and allowed you to reflash a ROM.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

hasona
Old
Thanks Meter 27
I like to think that anything can be bricked. Recently I totally bricked my BIOS for example and those things are extremely hard to fix so the same thing goes for mobile platforms. Anything is brickable and that is where you shouud put the line on, however with the community help that we have today a lot of problems can be solved by others like for example here on xda!

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk

joshuadjohnson22
Old
Thanks Meter 709

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by katsika View Post
It is unbrickable. Even if you have messed with the rom and the recovery the lg mobile support tool can flash the stock recovery and rom as long as you can enter into download mode though. Now if things get worse you can send it to lg and they ll unbrick it for sure with a jigkick battery or something like that, but you may have to pay as it may not be covered by the warranty.
See that is the thing, if you mess it up you won't be able to get into download mode. That is what happened to androiduser after flashing the V510 recovery, modem and firmware to his. He sent it to LG and the told him tough luck and sent it back. Be very careful

Sent from my LG-D800 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
If I have helped you out, it doesn't hurt to hit that thanks button!
Current:
LG G2
LG G Pad 8.3
Previous Devices:

Nokia 6225, Razr V3i, Nokia 6682, Nokia N73, Sony Ericson w810i, HTC S710, HTC Touch, iPhone, iPhone 3G Black, iPhone 3GS Black, iPhone 4 Black, Samsung Galaxy S2 Black, iPhone 4 Black (again), Pantech Burst Black, HTC One X grey, Samsung Galaxy S4 Black, HTC One Black, HTC One Silver, Galaxy S4 Active Urban Grey(current)

..also had multiple "Go Phones"

katsika
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuadjohnson22 View Post
See that is the thing, if you mess it up you won't be able to get into download mode. That is what happened to androiduser after flashing the V510 recovery, modem and firmware to his. He sent it to LG and the told him tough luck and sent it back. Be very careful

Well i had the impression that the guys at the service center could unbrick the device no matter what has happened to it but i could be wrong.

afrikanac
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuadjohnson22 View Post

from what i read, not being an expert to it though, AndroidUser is giving the process of recovery to his gpad a new try:screwy:

Sent from my Thrive using Tapatalk 2