Watch This Now!

I'm new + Broken Links + Lock Pattern

1 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
By urata01, Junior Member on 21st January 2014, 07:56 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
This is my first post on xda and this is actually sorta my first android phone.
I was able to flash the rom to CynogenMod10 but I found it way too unstable. Now I am sitting on a rooted but official 3.5.
I'm interested in trying out some other roms eventually, but I'm not in a big hurry, for now I want to just use it's stock rom.

But when I do get around to trying to tweak it again, there are some important files I can't get to.

Most importantly I think is the Patched Boot Strap Recovery for CynogenMod7DX2 which is referred to in many of the custom rom tutorials. But also the GoogleApps zips are missing. I was able to find a ton of google apps downloads although I think the one for Cynogen 7.2.0 is missing. Which is the one I really think I want.

I barely have any experience with my phone, but I would say that the thing I miss most from CM10 is the way the lock screen pattern worked.
That is:

a) The lock screen pattern only gives me 3x3 instead of many choices, I just want 4x4.
b) I have to wait 1 minute for my screen to lock, instead of it locking instantly when I tap the power button.
c) When I go to unlock my phone I have to slide to unlock, followed by the pattern, instead of just the pattern.

All really minor stuff, but added together it meant a lot to me.

Besides that, since I'm so new I really don't know much of what I'm missing. I actually have another phone (Samsung Galaxy Stellar) that is running stock jelly bean but it doesn't work on my network.
22nd January 2014, 08:59 PM |#2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag South Dakota
Thanks Meter: 3,314
Donate to Me
links to files in my list
sd_shadow's [Collection] of Links for Droid X2

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Previous Thread Next Thread