Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,797 Members 51,992 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

What is this app?

Tip us?

ubizmo
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default What is this app?

This app appears as a choice when I want to select a wallpaper, for example, and at other times, for choosing images. It appears to be an alternative to Gallery.

That's fine, but the app doesn't show up in any list, either in Manage Applications, Titanium, etc. Where is it hiding?

Sent via Tapatalk

xXchrizhurtyXx
Old
Thanks Meter 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by ubizmo View Post

This app appears as a choice when I want to select a wallpaper, for example, and at other times, for choosing images. It appears to be an alternative to Gallery.

That's fine, but the app doesn't show up in any list, either in Manage Applications, Titanium, etc. Where is it hiding?

Sent via Tapatalk
I though that was google picture sync.
Itll sync your photos for you i believe.
But i may be wrong.
-

creatlovex
Old
Thanks Meter 0
this is app photo

bruttium
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Wink It's the "Photos" app.

It's the "Photos" app. I believe it showed up on my Samsung GS4 after the T-Mo update to Android 4.3.

I think it'll be replacing the Gallery app in the future. But that's probably speculation on my part.

It shows up in my Application menu. Maybe you've hidden that item? (Try "Show hidden applications" on the Applications sub-menu?)

ubizmo
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Thank you, it's indeed in the hidden list, but it's strange that it doesn't show up in Titanium. And I didn't hide it.

I wonder if this app contributes to the "thumbnail bloat" problem, i.e. massive amounts of data in the device DCIM/thumbnails folder.

Sent via Tapatalk