Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,174 Members 51,417 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Rumrunner custom hboot

Tip us?

matinm90
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Question [Q] Rumrunner custom hboot

So if I flash the custom hboot from rumrunner, and say I need to return the device to sprint, for whatever reason, do i simply reflash the ruu to return to stock? or do i have to first flash the stock hboot? Im sure this is a stupid question, but I wanna make sure.

elvisypi
Old
Thanks Meter 1290

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by matinm90 View Post
So if I flash the custom hboot from rumrunner, and say I need to return the device to sprint, for whatever reason, do i simply reflash the ruu to return to stock? or do i have to first flash the stock hboot? Im sure this is a stupid question, but I wanna make sure.
Yes and no. Your custom hboot and recovery will be replaced with the stock one, but your phone will still read s-off and unlocked. I suggest that you flash this hboot, you'll look completely stock, locked, s-on. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2565201

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
if you like my post
Devices:
HTC One
ROM : InsertCoin 3.0.2

HTC Sensation
ROM : ViperS 5.0.2 Sense 5
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to elvisypi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

matinm90
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvisypi View Post
Yes and no. Your custom hboot and recovery will be replaced with the stock one, but your phone will still read s-off and unlocked. I suggest that you flash this hboot, you'll look completely stock, locked, s-on. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2565201

Oh okay thank you, thats all I needed to know

ghettovirtuoso
Old
(Last edited by ghettovirtuoso; 22nd January 2014 at 07:12 PM.) Reason: provided more information to post
Thanks Meter 18
Can I flash this hboot over using a stock rooted 3.05.651.6 rom being s-off? Or is it only good for 3.04.651.2 roms. I currently have the moonshine hboot but want to upgrade to something that compatible with windows 8.1.

Sent from my HTCONE using xda app-developers app

elvisypi
Old
Thanks Meter 1290

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettovirtuoso View Post
Can I flash this hboot over using a stock rooted 3.05.651.6 rom being s-off? Or is it only good for 3.04.651.2 roms. I currently have the moonshine hboot but want to upgrade to something that compatible with windows 8.1.

Sent from my HTCONE using xda app-developers app
Yes you can. Hboot is completely indipendent from the ROM

if you like my post
Devices:
HTC One
ROM : InsertCoin 3.0.2

HTC Sensation
ROM : ViperS 5.0.2 Sense 5
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to elvisypi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

matinm90
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Yeah he's right about that. Specifically since both Rom versions from stock use the same hboot version.

Sent from my HTC Butterfly s using Tapatalk
Current Phone:

HTC One M8
HTC Dev Unlocked
ViperOne Rom

Carrier:

T-Mobile