XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Mighty Text and G2?

Tip us?

Alex2x3
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
Default Mighty Text and G2?

Any of you guys using MightyText to text from a computer on the G2?
Coming from my S3 this is the only thing that is giving me problems. I do alot of texting off my computer, and can't get it working properly no matter what I do. The MightyText web app can send and receives text but text sent from the phone do not show up, and text from the web app do not show up on the phone. I'm using the stock messaging app right now, but have also tried Textra (Which i would most rather use) and bought Sliding Messaging (Which sucked and ran extremely bad on my phone, 2 bucks down the drain. )

None of them worked right.

Anyone also having these issues?
Data and cache wipes of mightytext app, and even a uninstall did nothing to help.

Thanks for any help!

Alex2x3
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex2x3 View Post
Coming from my S3 this is the only thing that is giving me problems. I do alot of texting off my computer, and can't get it working properly no matter what I do. The MightyText web app can send and receives text but text sent from the phone do not show up, and text from the web app do not show up on the phone. I'm using the stock messaging app right now, but have also tried Textra (Which i would most rather use) and bought Sliding Messaging (Which sucked and ran extremely bad on my phone, 2 bucks down the drain. )

Data and cache wipes of mightytext app, and even a uninstall did nothing to help.

Thanks for any help!
No one?! I'm thinking I may have caused it from clearing google play services recently. Could this have caused it and what can I do to revert it?

tcdk
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Coming from my S3 this is the only thing that is giving me problems. I do alot of texting off my computer, and can't get it working properly no matter what I do. The MightyText web app can send and receives text but text sent from the phone do not show up, and text from the web app do not show up on the phone.
Same issue here. No solution. Rather annoying.

Alex2x3
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcdk View Post
Same issue here. No solution. Rather annoying.
Yea, I reached out to MightyText customer support and got no help either.
They replied "So this did not happen with your Samsung but does with the LG?"
and that was the end of it. Unfortunate because I really got used to this service.

humblehyper
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:

Thanks for any help!
Exact same thing happened to me. I emailed Mightytext and they said to unlink the phone from the phone app, sometimes it works, sometimes doesn't. BTW I was using the stock ROM and not I'm on Cyanogen 4.4 so we'll see.

Alex2x3
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
BUMP

Bringing this question back up to see if anyone has found anything to fix this problem.
OR also if there is anything that can substitute MightyText. I really like SnaPea, but it does not work with tablets.
I want something that syncs between a phone, Nexus 7 tablet, and a computer seamlessly.