FORUMS

Android 5.1 for the Nvidia Shield Tablet is Out!

Nvidia is quite good at delivering updates in a timely fashion. The producer of famous … more

Other than XDA (of Course), What’s Your Favorite Site That Covers Android?

There is a number of other great sites that cover … more

Introducing Voices of XDA: Have Your Ideas Heard

By far the greatest assets we have at XDA-Developers are you, the developers, the eager … more

Unofficial Xposed For Lollipop Touchwiz With Flashable Zip

XDA Recognized Developer arter97 has released an unofficial build … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] sd card second partition

19th January 2014, 06:55 PM |#1  
mirul_up's Avatar
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
which one is better? ext2, ext3, ext4 or FAT32? and using what tools I should partition the sdcard?
I am using cm9.2.2

before that, I partition sdcard with Amonra Recovery with ext2 and use link2sd and have a problem, some times sdcard removed unexpected, when I reboot sdcard is not read, I pull out the sdcard and insert, and sdcard read normally. I reboot and sdcard not read again, I do this many time and finally can read sdcard. but it happens over and over again. I try to format the phone and install app, move app like unrooted phone, the sdcard work fine..when I try use ext2 with link2sd some times its happend again.,
help me..sorry for my bad english, I am Indonesian.
thank you before..
 
 
20th January 2014, 12:38 AM |#2  
chalo99's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 42
 
More
If you want to know what other people use to do this here I come:

How I make the ext partition:
Minitool partition wizard (windows)
Gparted (Linux)
Clockwork 6.0 (only for CM10+)
I didn't have any trouble with that programs, but be careful with the Clockwork because formats ALL the SD card, the ext and the fat partition, so make sure you do a backup of the SD.


Format of the second partition:
Always ext4

Link App
Link2sd is the best, other caused troubles over the time (reboots, not reading the sd, not reading the ext partition, etc)
20th January 2014, 02:27 AM |#3  
mirul_up's Avatar
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chalo99

If you want to know what other people use to do this here I come:

How I make the ext partition:
Minitool partition wizard (windows)
Gparted (Linux)
Clockwork 6.0 (only for CM10+)
I didn't have any trouble with that programs, but be careful with the Clockwork because formats ALL the SD card, the ext and the fat partition, so make sure you do a backup of the SD.


Format of the second partition:
Always ext4

Link App
Link2sd is the best, other caused troubles over the time (reboots, not reading the sd, not reading the ext partition, etc)

before that, I've use ext4, but cm9 not support, I change the kernel and still not support ext4, when I use ext3 its work fine..,
20th January 2014, 04:23 PM |#4  
chalo99's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 42
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirul_up

before that, I've use ext4, but cm9 not support, I change the kernel and still not support ext4, when I use ext3 its work fine..,

I used ext4 in all CM from 7 to 11 and no trouble, but always formatting after every wipe with gparted or minitool, because Clockwork 5.0 seem to not format well the ext partition, so after every wipe you should reformat with those programs.
22nd January 2014, 01:09 AM |#5  
Senior Member
Flag Bucuresti
Thanks Meter: 41
 
More
From my experience use ext3, it is good and compatible with everything, allmost
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maharu567 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd January 2014, 05:24 AM |#6  
akiratoriyama's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 837
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by maharu567

From my experience use ext3, it is good and compatible with everything, allmost

+1

EXT4 has a tendency to corrupt
(At least for me )

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to akiratoriyama For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd January 2014, 10:14 PM |#7  
Left4DeadMW's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Skopje
Thanks Meter: 226
 
More
Ext4 works great.
(Partition it with AmonRa recovery for a 100% guarantee of success, buggs with clockwork)

Sent from my LG-P500 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to Left4DeadMW For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes