Update Overload: SuperSU Heavily Updated

There are apps and apps out there. Very few can reach the level of popularity required to stay at … more

Lollipop Leak Available for the Sprint Galaxy S5

Since the Android 5.0Lollipop’s official release not too long ago, we’ve seen … more

CPU Spy Gets an Android Lollipop Makeover

At some point in the distant past, you probably heard of CPU Spy for Android by XDARetired … more

Amazon Fire TV Stick vs Chromecast – XDA TV

There is no doubt that Amazon is a huge player in many markets, and they want to be a huge … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Bricked Phone With Safestrap Recovery

OP XerorebornX

22nd January 2014, 06:37 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
I'm a newbie on XDA so pardon anything that I might do "wrong"

So I was using safestrap recovery to play around with some custom roms, and I was going to switch to a new rom so I thought I was going to delete everything from Rom-Slot 1, but actually ended up going to the section where you can check off everything you want to delete from the the rom. I ended up checking all except micro SD card, and ended up deleting all the data from the stock rom by accident. I tried restarting the phone but all I see now is a stuck "Galaxy Note 3" on boot-up.

I've tried using Odin (with the BL AP CP CSC and PIT files ) to flash back and Oneclickbin.exe, but none work. They all give me a fail message shortly (or a couple minutes) after I press start

Additional notes:
Rooted with kingo root
I got the OTA update on the stock rom (The one with the black stock keyboard)

Please Help!!!

How do I fix this?!?!

UPDATE: Problem not fixed, but when I try to turn on the device, it now says:
"Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again"

I plugged my phone in the computer and kies can't connect to the device....
Last edited by XerorebornX; 22nd January 2014 at 07:15 PM.
22nd January 2014, 08:17 PM   |  #2  
Agent's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag 127.0.0.1
Thanks Meter: 359
 
10
1,149 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by XerorebornX

I'm a newbie on XDA so pardon anything that I might do "wrong"

So I was using safestrap recovery to play around with some custom roms, and I was going to switch to a new rom so I thought I was going to delete everything from Rom-Slot 1, but actually ended up going to the section where you can check off everything you want to delete from the the rom. I ended up checking all except micro SD card, and ended up deleting all the data from the stock rom by accident. I tried restarting the phone but all I see now is a stuck "Galaxy Note 3" on boot-up.

I've tried using Odin (with the BL AP CP CSC and PIT files ) to flash back and Oneclickbin.exe, but none work. They all give me a fail message shortly (or a couple minutes) after I press start

Additional notes:
Rooted with kingo root
I got the OTA update on the stock rom (The one with the black stock keyboard)

Please Help!!!

How do I fix this?!?!

UPDATE: Problem not fixed, but when I try to turn on the device, it now says:
"Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again"

I plugged my phone in the computer and kies can't connect to the device....

Are you using Kies 3 or just the regular Kies?
22nd January 2014, 08:33 PM   |  #3  
440bro's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Cleveland ROCKS!!!
Thanks Meter: 435
 
1,222 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2008
Donate to Me
More
Try putting the phone in download mode yourself, then plug into kies 3
22nd January 2014, 09:54 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
Still no
Quote:

Are you using Kies 3 or just the regular Kies?

I'm using Kies 3 and tried emergency recovery. It didn't work. Kies 3 actually doesn't even recognize my note 3 as a supported device, but I attempted the recovery anyway. I can get to step in the recovery where the recovery window on my computer says, "Do Not disconnect your device from the PC" but the loading bar never goes past 0%, then after a while it'll give me another fail message...
Last edited by XerorebornX; 22nd January 2014 at 10:23 PM.
22nd January 2014, 10:24 PM   |  #5  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 295
 
451 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
Try this

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2559715
22nd January 2014, 10:58 PM   |  #6  
LuckyColdJohnson's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Garland, TX
Thanks Meter: 507
 
926 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by XerorebornX

I'm using Kies 3 and tried emergency recovery. It didn't work. Kies 3 actually doesn't even recognize my note 3 as a supported device, but I attempted the recovery anyway. I can get to step in the recovery where the recovery window on my computer says, "Do Not disconnect your device from the PC" but the loading bar never goes past 0%, then after a while it'll give me another fail message...

Try this my friend (Same as above post sorry)
22nd January 2014, 11:22 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
Smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by XerorebornX

I'm using Kies 3 and tried emergency recovery. It didn't work. Kies 3 actually doesn't even recognize my note 3 as a supported device, but I attempted the recovery anyway. I can get to step in the recovery where the recovery window on my computer says, "Do Not disconnect your device from the PC" but the loading bar never goes past 0%, then after a while it'll give me another fail message...

Quote:
Originally Posted by itmaster85

Try this

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2559715

Problem solved!!!
Thank you so much

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes