Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q]HTC One rebootloop (turns on, reboots after 45 seconds)

OP herbivoor

21st January 2014, 11:39 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 77
 
130 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
More
Tonight, my HTC One ran out of battery so I hooked it up to a charger. I wanted to use it but it keeps rebooting every 45 seconds.

It has been over an hour (11:25 pm here) and I don't know what to do, I need my phone and its data tomorrow.

I'm on MaximusHD 30.0 and I didn't do anything weird or out of the ordinary.

Already tried wiping cache and Dalvik, but no cigar.
21st January 2014, 11:48 PM   |  #2  
LibertyMarine's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 147
 
457 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by herbivoor

Tonight, my HTC One ran out of battery so I hooked it up to a charger. I wanted to use it but it keeps rebooting every 45 seconds.

It has been over an hour (11:25 pm here) and I don't know what to do, I need my phone and its data tomorrow.

I'm on MaximusHD 30.0 and I didn't do anything weird or out of the ordinary.

Already tried wiping cache and Dalvik, but no cigar.

make a /data backup and try deleting the data parition... its possible that the data partition is corrupted throught the instant reboot after the battery ran out. And this would also explane why it reboots that late. And resetting the /data partition (without /data/meida - that's automatically set this way in TWRP and CWM) isn't dangerous if you previously made a bakup
22nd January 2014, 05:24 AM   |  #3  
BadAzDB's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 49
 
245 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2013
Worst case, flash a different rom

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app
22nd January 2014, 11:23 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 77
 
130 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyMarine

make a /data backup and try deleting the data parition... its possible that the data partition is corrupted throught the instant reboot after the battery ran out. And this would also explane why it reboots that late. And resetting the /data partition (without /data/meida - that's automatically set this way in TWRP and CWM) isn't dangerous if you previously made a bakup

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAzDB

Worst case, flash a different rom

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

Thanks guys!

I was able to get into recovery and adb push my rom (took 4000 seconds!). I did a dirty flash and backed up all my info, now I will wipe
everything.

Thanks for the help!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes