Please help - I fear my Nexus is bricked

Search This thread

spud_work

Feb 9, 2009
Out there
Hi,

I'm sorry to trouble you all, but I fear that my lovely new tablet is bricked :(

I unlocked/rooted 6 days ago using Wug's tool and everything has been fine. Turned the tablet on today and all i get is the white google logo and the unlocked symbol at the bottom.

I can't get to bootloader or recovery by the power/volume buttons. If i hold down power and vol down for long enough I get a picture of a dead android with a red warning triangle over his chest

There is a windows sound when the device is plugged in via USB, but nothing appears in device manager.

As such, I am at a bit of a loss as to what to do, can anyone help please?

datallboy

Feb 7, 2013
Close to impossible to brick a nexus device.

Recommend downloading the factory image, unzip and run the flash all batch file.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

LinearEquation

Aug 26, 2013
Midwest
Hi,

I'm sorry to trouble you all, but I fear that my lovely new tablet is bricked :(

I unlocked/rooted 6 days ago using Wug's tool and everything has been fine. Turned the tablet on today and all i get is the white google logo and the unlocked symbol at the bottom.

I can't get to bootloader or recovery by the power/volume buttons. If i hold down power and vol down for long enough I get a picture of a dead android with a red warning triangle over his chest

There is a windows sound when the device is plugged in via USB, but nothing appears in device manager.

Shut down nexus 7. Now hold volume down and power. When you see the next screen you will press up until the you see recovery mode. Now press power and you will see the Android guy and the red exclamation point. Hold the power and the volume up. You should now be in recovery mode. Use fastboot commands to restore.

Sent from my Nexus 7 Flo running Odex SinLess ROM 4.4.2 with ElementalX kernel using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: spud_work

spud_work

Feb 9, 2009
Out there
Shut down nexus 7. Now hold volume down and power. When you see the next screen you will press up until the you see recovery mode. Now press power and you will see the Android guy and the red exclamation point. Hold the power and the volume up. You should now be in recovery mode. Use fastboot commands to restore.

Sent from my Nexus 7 Flo running Odex SinLess ROM 4.4.2 with ElementalX kernel using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Thank you so much, that has got me back sorted again.

Great instructions and easy to follow/understand - Thank you!

asad393

Aug 9, 2016
Islamabad
My Nexus 7 gets in this issue often

My nexus 7 had this issue and my friend told me your eMMC chip is wasted. I gave my little nephew my tablet to play with and i started using it like a mousepad. Just one day i tried pressing these keys at random and my device booted up.

I flashed it so many times unknowgingly this was issue.

Can i ask, why this even happens ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,