Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,784,877 Members 51,439 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Downgraded to .534 to Root... Please Help

Tip us?

Togadood
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Clock [Q] Downgraded to .534 to Root... Please Help

I bought a c6903 from Negri Electronics and used it on AT&T.
I started off at .257 and system updated to .290. fastfoward a couple weeks and I want to root
So I had to go back to .534, when I went to download a tft, they did not have my exact model, so I used the british version.
Installed fine and everything, but when the phone booted there was no signal.(IMEI turned to 00000000... crap) I figured i would root and just flash a rom from there. I rooted with vroot and got a very funky chinese superuser. When I try to backup my TA partition it says it couldnt get root, but root checker gets root, it shows a prompt. I tried installing superuser from the play store. Is there a way i can just get back to .290 for my model, or what should I do help is really needed so thank you.
I want to end up at cm11
to sum it up, I restored to .534 (british version, no signal, no imei) , rooted with vroot (annoying root computer wont recognize the root, I have debugging enabled), didnt unlock bootloader or anything like that yet.
Thanks for helping i just need my phone to have signal at least.

Hackberrybold
Old
Thanks Meter 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by Togadood View Post
I bought a c6903 from Negri Electronics and used it on AT&T.
I started off at .257 and system updated to .290. fastfoward a couple weeks and I want to root
So I had to go back to .534, when I went to download a tft, they did not have my exact model, so I used the british version.
Installed fine and everything, but when the phone booted there was no signal.(IMEI turned to 00000000... crap) I figured i would root and just flash a rom from there. I rooted with vroot and got a very funky chinese superuser. When I try to backup my TA partition it says it couldnt get root, but root checker gets root, it shows a prompt. I tried installing superuser from the play store. Is there a way i can just get back to .290 for my model, or what should I do help is really needed so thank you.
I want to end up at cm11
to sum it up, I restored to .534 (british version, no signal, no imei) , rooted with vroot (annoying root computer wont recognize the root, I have debugging enabled), didnt unlock bootloader or anything like that yet.
Thanks for helping i just need my phone to have signal at least.
Use for rooting this link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1886460
Use V33 option 0. When you upgrade to 290 you will get your imei back.If you unlock your bootloader don't forget to make a TA backup for your DRM keys.

Regards

Sent from my Rooted C6903 using XDA Premium

eclyptos
Old
(Last edited by eclyptos; 22nd January 2014 at 05:13 PM.) Reason: gramma
Thanks Meter 614
You have this issues because you do not read carefully, You can't downgrade directly to .534, first you have to do is to downgrade to .257 and then to .534. Follow the instruction and all will be fine and remember to Backup TA before Unlock Bootloader.
IF I HELPED DO NOT SAY THANKS, CLICK IT.
My Evolution: Sony Xperia Z1 - UB + 4.3 Rooted + Deodexed, HTC HD2, HTC Diamond 2, HTC HD Blackstone, Nokia 7070 Prism, Qtek 9100, Nokia 3100, Motorola T720i, Nokia 3310, Sony Ericson PF 768 (Blue)

How Get Root on Sony Xperia Z1 with Locked Bootloader and the Latest Android 4.4

paullu
Old
(Last edited by paullu; 22nd January 2014 at 04:37 PM.)
Thanks Meter 44
Backup TA need root frist?
as what I know if you need root frist flash 534 file and root the phone
then ota to 257 and flash 257 kernel .is that correct?

Sent from my C6906 using xda app-developers app
htc touch/ htc cruise /htc hd/ hd2/nexus one/hd7
htc incredible s/Htc sensation /htc hd7(again)/ galaxy s2/ galaxy s3
sony tx / xperia ZL / xperia z1/htc m8/xperia z2

eclyptos
Old
Thanks Meter 614
Quote:
Originally Posted by paullu View Post
Backup TA need root frist?
Yes

Quote:
as what I know if you need root frist flash 534 file and root the phone
If you do this way you are under risk to have IMEI and Signal issue

Quote:
then ota to 257 and flash 257 kernel .is that correct?
I don't know about that but to get root you have to be on .534, root with Vroot and then Backup TA and then Update, so what the kernel for, dual recovery? if you update to .290 you will wipe it anyway.
My Evolution: Sony Xperia Z1 - UB + 4.3 Rooted + Deodexed, HTC HD2, HTC Diamond 2, HTC HD Blackstone, Nokia 7070 Prism, Qtek 9100, Nokia 3100, Motorola T720i, Nokia 3310, Sony Ericson PF 768 (Blue)

How Get Root on Sony Xperia Z1 with Locked Bootloader and the Latest Android 4.4

Togadood
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Okay I managed to back up my Ta, but now when I want to unlock the bootloader I need to submit my IMEI, but I have none. Should I take my IMEI from the box or is there another way around this? Btw there is a system update available right away to .257. What should I do? I just want to have service and be on cm11, so if I can just flash cm11 from this version (.534) somehow, that would be the best solution.

eclyptos
Old
Thanks Meter 614
Quote:
Okay I managed to back up my Ta, but now when I want to unlock the bootloader I need to submit my IMEI, but I have none. Should I take my IMEI from the box or is there another way around this? Btw there is a system update available right away to .257. What should I do? I just want to have service and be on cm11, so if I can just flash cm11 from this version (.534) somehow, that would be the best solution.
If you did a backup of your TA and DRM keys you can do whatever you want now, if you want get you IMEI back you have to update to .290 and then Unlock Bootlader and then follow the installation of the CM11.

krysdafur
Old
(Last edited by krysdafur; 22nd January 2014 at 11:35 PM.)
Thanks Meter 62
Quote:
I bought a c6903 from Negri Electronics
OT.

Is the one you got from Negri bootloader unlockable?
Did you check in the settings that the bootloader can be unlocked

IMEI use the one on the box