Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,743 Members 43,811 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Note 3 4.4.2 Test build may be imminent

Tip us?

KachowPow
Old
Thanks Meter 294

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbdysreal View Post
I was under the impression that the only data wipe was when people are Odin-ing the update, rather than accepting an OTA. On the past androids i had (incredible, thunderbolt, galaxy nexus, s3, note 10.1, nexus 7) i haven't had an update that wiped data from an OTA.
Yep, that is a very valid point. The SM-N9005 Test ROM requires the use of Odin which it does a Full-Wipe, an OTA just like those of the past that we've had have not done a Data wipe, so we could Protect Root with Survival Mode and then Restore after the Update completes.

The big question still remains out there is the SE Android Status after the Update is going to be "Permissive" as it is now, or is it going to be "Enforcing"?

---------- Post added at 02:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:35 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandonrz View Post
For some reason I don't think they are going to set it to enforcing. Because they haven't for the past 3 updates. Even if they did. Hash would be able to easily cook up ss because on the at&t note 3 and Verizon s4 and s3 are enforcing and he was able to do it... Never underestimate @Hashcode

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
I certainly know not underestimate Hashcode, that guy is a pure Genius in human form. I'm just trying to rule out the variables before the update so that there are no surprises when it comes around. Last thing, anyone would like to have happen is get KitKat and all of sudden lose Root and Safestrap. I certainly don't lack faith in anyone's abilities, I'd rather be prepared for the storm before it hits, that way there is no storm.

zepfloyd
Old
Thanks Meter 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandonrz View Post
For some reason I don't think they are going to set it to enforcing. Because they haven't for the past 3 updates. Even if they did. Hash would be able to easily cook up ss because on the at&t note 3 and Verizon s4 and s3 are enforcing and he was able to do it... Never underestimate @Hashcode

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
It probably will be enforcing. That's now the default in KitKat itself.

http://developer.android.com/about/v...ml#44-security
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zepfloyd For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dhufford81
Old
Thanks Meter 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by KachowPow View Post
Yep, that is a very valid point. The SM-N9005 Test ROM requires the use of Odin which it does a Full-Wipe, an OTA just like those of the past that we've had have not done a Data wipe, so we could Protect Root with Survival Mode and then Restore after the Update completes.

The big question still remains out there is the SE Android Status after the Update is going to be "Permissive" as it is now, or is it going to be "Enforcing"?

---------- Post added at 02:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:35 PM ----------

I certainly know not underestimate Hashcode, that guy is a pure Genius in human form. I'm just trying to rule out the variables before the update so that there are no surprises when it comes around. Last thing, anyone would like to have happen is get KitKat and all of sudden lose Root and Safestrap. I certainly don't lack faith in anyone's abilities, I'd rather be prepared for the storm before it hits, that way there is no storm.
What other form can a genius take? Pretty sure all geniuses are human.

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

SAMERKAD
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Default 4.4.2 on note 3 battery

i have installed 4.4.2 on my note 3 this morning... and noticed a battery drain of 5% per hour.... even though every featured is switched of...
i even put it on Airplane mode.. for 1 hour and still the same... in the battery info it shows that android system and OS are eating up all the juice...
can some one explain to me why this is happening...

on 4.3 with same setting same apps i had 0.8 to 1.2 % drop per hour.....

should i format and re install 4.4.2 again?

bossei
Old
Thanks Meter 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMERKAD View Post
i have installed 4.4.2 on my note 3 this morning... and noticed a battery drain of 5% per hour.... even though every featured is switched of...
i even put it on Airplane mode.. for 1 hour and still the same... in the battery info it shows that android system and OS are eating up all the juice...

Where did you get the build?

johnminator
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMERKAD View Post

Your Verizon Note 3????????

SAMERKAD
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by bossei View Post
Where did you get the build?
i got this build N9005XXUENA6 Leaked KitKat 4.4.2 Note 3
from this post
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2608178

is there different builds for 4.4.2??

---------- Post added at 05:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:30 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnminator View Post
Your Verizon Note 3????????
no international one

mwebb34
Old
Thanks Meter 113
EDITED

[/COLOR]If this isnt for the VZW RETAIL GALAXY NOTE 3 WHY IN THE H@$! IS IT IN THIS FORUM????

---------- Post added at 10:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 PM ----------

Just sayin looks to me like The Dev edition international edition etc...ect....would have there own forum CAUSES WAY TO MUCH CONFUSSION. And its a waste of my time reading it.

anthony92170
Old
Thanks Meter 629

DONATE TO ME
i think the s4 got it first because when that came out they had such high expectation on that phone. yes they sold a lot but they were expecting more and the s3 is there best selling devices right now yes i know stupid i know but its on there site. Anyways i myself dont care who got the leak first main thing is were in the list now.
Remember keep your friend's close but your enemies closer.