FORUMS

What Do You Think About Fingerprint Scanners?

More and more phones are featuring fingerprint scanners, and with many promising … more

What’s Next for Samsung and Its Flagships?

If we were to say that the Galaxy S6 was a leap of faith made by Samsung, we … more

The Ultimate Showcase of dBrand Skins

In the search for ways to protect, accessorize, and personalize; a user has many options. One … more

Huawei’s Rapid Rise to Third Place in the Smartphone Race

Huawei has quickly grown to become one of the world’s biggest … more

Android ---> Winphone -----> Android

35 posts
Thanks Meter: 2
 
By mek84, Member on 20th January 2014, 04:48 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hello buddies,

i had ages ago a Xperia X10. Bought than Windows Phone HTC 8X. But the battery drain made me crazy. So the 8X was sold, but still in love with HTC. now im still using my Xperia X10, what a good product.....5 years and still running with the same battery......

So i do some research and i think i want the HTC One, it looks gorgeous, is fair priced and has great specs, beside the cam. BUT im a little bit confused about the finish, read a lot about cuts.....misaligned displays and more.

Would you still buy it again ? Do you think i can also use the One at least 3 to 4 years ?

Please give me advice before buying these beauty

Greetings
 
 
20th January 2014, 04:56 PM |#2  
kamilmirza's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Lahore
Thanks Meter: 347
 
More
go for M8
20th January 2014, 05:40 PM |#3  
mek84's Avatar
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Hi,

that was not the question and to be clear. Every cam is better than the cam used by my X10 . Its not so important for me, just mentioned that point.

By the way i dont want to spend so much money AND dont want to wait. Just some tips from guys using it all day would be nice.
20th January 2014, 05:47 PM |#4  
alray's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,189
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mek84

Hello buddies,

i had ages ago a Xperia X10. Bought than Windows Phone HTC 8X. But the battery drain made me crazy. So the 8X was sold, but still in love with HTC. now im still using my Xperia X10, what a good product.....5 years and still running with the same battery......

So i do some research and i think i want the HTC One, it looks gorgeous, is fair priced and has great specs, beside the cam. BUT im a little bit confused about the finish, read a lot about cuts.....misaligned displays and more.

Would you still buy it again ? Do you think i can also use the One at least 3 to 4 years ?

Please give me advice before buying these beauty

Greetings

I would buy again. Mine have no flaws and the cam isn't that bad. Not experienced any issue at all. The most common issue is the camera purp tint. I think newer batch of phones should be fine. I will not say anything about lifespan because at this point its just speculating but the aluminum casing makes the phone seem pretty solid
Last edited by alray; 20th January 2014 at 05:50 PM.
20th January 2014, 08:18 PM |#5  
Jvov's Avatar
Member
Flag Lajeado
Thanks Meter: 13
 
Donate to Me
More
The assembly of the HTC One is amazing, mine is rock solid and sooo gorgeous, I love it. It should last 3 years easily, the sharpness of the screen is amazing but my camera is horrible, never focuses so I have to use an app with manual focus options in order to snap focused pics. Other than that I love it, but if you really love HTC wait for the M8, it is literally a month down the road. Cheers!

Enviado de meu HTC One usando Tapatalk
Last edited by Jvov; 20th January 2014 at 08:20 PM.
21st January 2014, 03:55 AM |#6  
squabbi's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 1,104
 
Donate to Me
More
I lost my HTC one and i though if what replacement phone I should get..

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
21st January 2014, 05:24 AM |#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,096
 
More
How can you recommand the M8? It'll be at least two months to availability and be twice the current price of the M7.

The HTC One is a great phone and still the phone I would choose if buying a phone today.
21st January 2014, 12:19 PM |#8  
Pard0ned's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Belfast
Thanks Meter: 531
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenPope

How can you recommand the M8? It'll be at least two months to availability and be twice the current price of the M7.

The HTC One is a great phone and still the phone I would choose if buying a phone today.

Brand new, the m7 is still 400-500. The m8 will just be around the same price.

With regards to the question asked, the HTC One is a great phone. However, since you've waited so long already to get a new phone, I would wait and get the m8. Personally anyways.

I've had my one since just before Christmas. Bought it outright because I don't want to renew my contract when it's up. The phone I had on contract was terrible - acting up really bad; plus contract are far too dear (better value to buy a phone outright and add a giffgaff sim card - if you're in the uk) . I'm confident that the One will last me a good couple years.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
22nd January 2014, 11:56 PM |#9  
mek84's Avatar
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pardoned

Brand new, the m7 is still 400-500. The m8 will just be around the same price.

With regards to the question asked, the HTC One is a great phone. However, since you've waited so long already to get a new phone, I would wait and get the m8. Personally anyways.

I've had my one since just before Christmas. Bought it outright because I don't want to renew my contract when it's up. The phone I had on contract was terrible - acting up really bad; plus contract are far too dear (better value to buy a phone outright and add a giffgaff sim card - if you're in the uk) . I'm confident that the One will last me a good couple years.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Thanks, but in germany you get a new one for around 300-400 Euro. So i will definitely stick with the M7....dont want afford M8
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes