Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,743,150 Members 44,385 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Hangouts and stock sms app problem

Tip us?

Criton30
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Question [Q] Hangouts and stock sms app problem

I'm using Google Hangouts to receive my sms and mms texts. However, I'm still receiving double message and notofocations as my stock sms app is also receiving the sms. How do I disable this so I only receive this through Google Hangouts?

jaythenut
Old
Thanks Meter 1474
Quote:
Originally Posted by Criton30 View Post
I'm using Google Hangouts to receive my sms and mms texts. However, I'm still receiving double message and notofocations as my stock sms app is also receiving the sms. How do I disable this so I only receive this through Google Hangouts?
Go to apps in settings and find messaging and disable
The Following User Says Thank You to jaythenut For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Criton30
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaythenut View Post
Go to apps in settings and find messaging and disable
Thanks for the Info, but I have read in other Forum that the users have problem with this solution, for Example the user can not send an mms. If I disable under the settings the stock sms app, then can I send sms and mms too?

radicalisto
Old
Thanks Meter 1389

DONATE TO ME
The message will still show up in message app. Go to application manager find stock messaging and disable the notifications for it. And you're sorted

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
// LG G3 (D855) // Stock // Stock //

S3(White) > M7(Red) > Note 3(Black) > Nexus 5(Black) > M8(Gunmetal) > LG G3 (Titan Grey)
The Following User Says Thank You to radicalisto For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Criton30
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by radicalisto View Post
The message will still show up in message app. Go to application manager find stock messaging and disable the notifications for it. And you're sorted

Thanks for the Info, If I understand you correctly, I should turn off only the notification (and not disable the stock sms app) in the stock sms app.
If I delete one of the message in the stock message app, than it will be deleted too in Hangouts?

radicalisto
Old
Thanks Meter 1389

DONATE TO ME
Yes and yes

// LG G3 (D855) // Stock // Stock //

S3(White) > M7(Red) > Note 3(Black) > Nexus 5(Black) > M8(Gunmetal) > LG G3 (Titan Grey)