Google Confirms “Android Lollipop Day” for November 3rd

A little over a week ago, Google announced the latest iteration of … more

Get Your XDA 2015 Custom Avatar and Signature Images Here

As stated in our motto, XDA Developer is for developers, by developers. The … more

Pin Your Photos on Android Lollipop with Photo Pinner

In the last few weeks,we have been talking quite a bit about Android 5.0 Lollipop. This … more

Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Hands On – XDA TV

Perhaps one of the more peculiar announcements this year was the curved edge-screened … more

Cloning Screen on a Win8 Notebook (wireless)?

OP dee7er

20th January 2014, 08:25 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3

38 posts
Is there an easy possibility to clone the screen of my s4 on my Win8 Notebook? I know there is a function for apple products (i.e. iphone/ipad and mbp via airport), but I would prefer a non-apple solution which is more open (but as simple).
20th January 2014, 09:55 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 635

1,265 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dee7er

Is there an easy possibility to clone the screen of my s4 on my Win8 Notebook? I know there is a function for apple products (i.e. iphone/ipad and mbp via airport), but I would prefer a non-apple solution which is more open (but as simple).

Are you looking for video or video+audio? If you just want to mirror the screen, you can get something like Droid VNC Server or TeamViewer QuickSupport. If you want to broadcast audio and video then I'm not sure how you'd do that.
21st January 2014, 04:51 PM   |  #3  
OP Member

38 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlySin9

Are you looking for video or video+audio? If you just want to mirror the screen, you can get something like Droid VNC Server or TeamViewer QuickSupport. If you want to broadcast audio and video then I'm not sure how you'd do that.

Cloning the screen would be enough. (audio broadcasting just a nice extra though...)
21st January 2014, 10:33 PM   |  #4  
Flag Jacksonville, NC
Thanks Meter: 136

375 posts
More
I have a 4540s that I hackintoshed with Windows 8 as a dual boot. In mavericks, airplay works great on my Apple tv this probably isn't much help though, but it took so long to get it all working that I wanted to brag

Sent from my Hyperdriven S4
21st January 2014, 11:42 PM   |  #5  

1,265 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Cloning the screen would be enough. (audio broadcasting just a nice extra though...)

Well yeah, those work, and you can also try BBQscreen demo in legacy mode and that might work a bit faster. I tried it but I was too lazy to make it work well.
22nd January 2014, 05:37 PM   |  #6  
OP Member

38 posts
It's a pitty that there doesn't seem to be an equivalent for airplay/airport for android/windows...

Sometimes Apple definitely does something good... ^^
23rd January 2014, 12:24 AM   |  #7  

1,265 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

It's a pitty that there doesn't seem to be an equivalent for airplay/airport for android/windows...

Sometimes Apple definitely does something good... ^^

Well technically Apple's Airplay doesn't just play on a Mac without a program on the Mac either. To airplay to a Mac you need a server program, same as android. Google also makes the Chromecast to compete with the Apple TV, and either devices can to display out through a cable.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread