Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,752 Members 39,552 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Cloning Screen on a Win8 Notebook (wireless)?

Tip us?
 
dee7er
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 38
Join Date: Feb 2011
Default Cloning Screen on a Win8 Notebook (wireless)?

Is there an easy possibility to clone the screen of my s4 on my Win8 Notebook? I know there is a function for apple products (i.e. iphone/ipad and mbp via airport), but I would prefer a non-apple solution which is more open (but as simple).
 
DeadlySin9
Old
#2  
DeadlySin9's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 626
Posts: 1,251
Join Date: Sep 2012

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dee7er View Post
Is there an easy possibility to clone the screen of my s4 on my Win8 Notebook? I know there is a function for apple products (i.e. iphone/ipad and mbp via airport), but I would prefer a non-apple solution which is more open (but as simple).
Are you looking for video or video+audio? If you just want to mirror the screen, you can get something like Droid VNC Server or TeamViewer QuickSupport. If you want to broadcast audio and video then I'm not sure how you'd do that.
Current Device: ATT Samsung Galaxy S4 (i337)

Past Devices:
Droid Bionic (GSM Hacked)
HTC Inspire 4G (Desire HD)
Nexus One
Motorola Backflip
HTC Dev Phone 1 (Dream/G1)
 
dee7er
Old
#3  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 38
Join Date: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlySin9 View Post
Are you looking for video or video+audio? If you just want to mirror the screen, you can get something like Droid VNC Server or TeamViewer QuickSupport. If you want to broadcast audio and video then I'm not sure how you'd do that.
Cloning the screen would be enough. (audio broadcasting just a nice extra though...)
 
HORiZUN
Old
#4  
HORiZUN's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 136
Posts: 375
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Jacksonville, NC
I have a 4540s that I hackintoshed with Windows 8 as a dual boot. In mavericks, airplay works great on my Apple tv this probably isn't much help though, but it took so long to get it all working that I wanted to brag

Sent from my Hyperdriven S4
Galaxy S4 | PhilzTouch, Unlocked, CandyKat 1.5.5
Galaxy S2 | PhilzTouch, Unlocked, CandyKat 1.5.5
Transformer Prime | Unlocked, NvFlash, TWRP, CM 11
Nook Tablet | Cyanoboot, TWRP, Rescue SD, CM 11
HP 4540s | Hackintosh, OSX 10.9.3/Windows 8, 1TB, 8GB
iPad 4 Retina | iOS 7.0.4, Jailbroken / Wife's iPhone 5c | Stock
Xbox 360 | LT+FW / PS3 | 4.46 CFW, 1TB / PSP | 6.60 CFW
 
DeadlySin9
Old
#5  
DeadlySin9's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 626
Posts: 1,251
Join Date: Sep 2012

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dee7er View Post
Cloning the screen would be enough. (audio broadcasting just a nice extra though...)
Well yeah, those work, and you can also try BBQscreen demo in legacy mode and that might work a bit faster. I tried it but I was too lazy to make it work well.
Current Device: ATT Samsung Galaxy S4 (i337)

Past Devices:
Droid Bionic (GSM Hacked)
HTC Inspire 4G (Desire HD)
Nexus One
Motorola Backflip
HTC Dev Phone 1 (Dream/G1)
 
dee7er
Old
#6  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 38
Join Date: Feb 2011
It's a pitty that there doesn't seem to be an equivalent for airplay/airport for android/windows...

Sometimes Apple definitely does something good... ^^
 
DeadlySin9
Old
#7  
DeadlySin9's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 626
Posts: 1,251
Join Date: Sep 2012

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dee7er View Post
It's a pitty that there doesn't seem to be an equivalent for airplay/airport for android/windows...

Sometimes Apple definitely does something good... ^^
Well technically Apple's Airplay doesn't just play on a Mac without a program on the Mac either. To airplay to a Mac you need a server program, same as android. Google also makes the Chromecast to compete with the Apple TV, and either devices can to display out through a cable.
Current Device: ATT Samsung Galaxy S4 (i337)

Past Devices:
Droid Bionic (GSM Hacked)
HTC Inspire 4G (Desire HD)
Nexus One
Motorola Backflip
HTC Dev Phone 1 (Dream/G1)

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Android M Mentions Spotted in Android Code Review

While we are still waiting for Android L to be officially released, the first mentions of … more

Create a Simple Custom Launcher from Scratch

When you are starting your journey intoany sort of development, it’s never easy at the … more

MediaTek Continues Steps Towards Being Developer-Friendly

Not too long ago MediaTek was very closed off towards the mobile developer … more