Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,223 Members 52,591 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

S4 clone GT-i9500 help

Tip us?

fbifido
Old
(Last edited by fbifido; 22nd January 2014 at 07:10 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Sign S4 clone GT-i9500 help

Hi,

I have a a S4 clone phone and i need to wipe it to factory default, because there is a Japanese program at the bottom of the all-apps, that can not be remove or uninstalled, you can force-stop it. Anyway and i am using this opportunity to update my phone to the latest stable release of android for this S4 clone phone. I was told that this is whats call a mtk6577
I want to know how to root it and load a recovery menu, then load the latest android that can run on this device, like 4.4.x or 4.3.x.

the phone looks like this one: needrom.com/mobile/s4-mtk6577

Phone info:
=========
model: GT-i9500

Andrroid version: 4.2.2

Baseband version: UNIVERSAL5410

Kernel version: 3.4.5-526212 se.infra@SEI-44#1 Web Apr 24 20:59:59 KST 2013

Build number: JDQ39.I9500XXUAMDL

Scored *#1234#

AP: I9500XXUAMDL

CSC: I9500LBAMDK

Questions:
========

1) Which ROM is best for this phone ?
2) How do I root this device ?
3) When I press VOL- and the power button, I get the factory menu, but its Japanese, how do I change it to English?
3) When I press VOL+ and the power button I get a dead android with it's belly open and a red sign in it., does that mean it's not rooted ?
4) I see people post info about there phone, like cpu, and othe stuff, how did they get this info from the phone? the info above is all I could get from the "About Device" screen.

theunderling
Old
Thanks Meter 749

DONATE TO ME
Lol you better edit/remove question.1 before your thread is locked!.

jaswinky
Old
Thanks Meter 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbifido View Post
Hi,

I have a a S4 clone phone and i need to wipe it to factory default, because there is a Japanese program at the bottom of the all-apps, that can not be remove or uninstalled, you can force-stop it. Anyway and i am using this opportunity to update my phone to the latest stable release of android for this S4 clone phone. I was told that this is whats call a mtk6577
I want to know how to root it and load a recovery menu, then load the latest android that can run on this device, like 4.4.x or 4.3.x.

the phone looks like this one: needrom.com/mobile/s4-mtk6577

Phone info:
=========
model: GT-i9500

Andrroid version: 4.2.2

Baseband version: UNIVERSAL5410

Kernel version: 3.4.5-526212 se.infra@SEI-44#1 Web Apr 24 20:59:59 KST 2013

Build number: JDQ39.I9500XXUAMDL

Scored *#1234#

AP: I9500XXUAMDL

CSC: I9500LBAMDK

Questions:
========

1) Which ROM is best for this phone ?
2) How do I root this device ?
3) When I press VOL- and the power button, I get the factory menu, but its Japanese, how do I change it to English?
3) When I press VOL+ and the power button I get a dead android with it's belly open and a red sign in it., does that mean it's not rooted ?
4) I see people post info about there phone, like cpu, and othe stuff, how did they get this info from the phone? the info above is all I could get from the "About Device" screen.
You have a very different smartphone from ours, we cannot answer, we don't know how to answer your questions... Search for a forum for your device and ask there.

Enviado desde mi GT-P7510 usando Tapatalk 2