I have a a S4 clone phone and i need to wipe it to factory default, because there is a Japanese program at the bottom of the all-apps, that can not be remove or uninstalled, you can force-stop it. Anyway and i am using this opportunity to update my phone to the latest stable release of android for this S4 clone phone. I was told that this is whats call a mtk6577
I want to know how to root it and load a recovery menu, then load the latest android that can run on this device, like 4.4.x or 4.3.x.
the phone looks like this one: needrom.com/mobile/s4-mtk6577
Andrroid version: 4.2.2
Baseband version: UNIVERSAL5410
Kernel version: 3.4.5-526212 se.infra@SEI-44#1 Web Apr 24 20:59:59 KST 2013
Build number: JDQ39.I9500XXUAMDL
1) Which ROM is best for this phone ?
2) How do I root this device ?
3) When I press VOL- and the power button, I get the factory menu, but its Japanese, how do I change it to English?
3) When I press VOL+ and the power button I get a dead android with it's belly open and a red sign in it., does that mean it's not rooted ?
4) I see people post info about there phone, like cpu, and othe stuff, how did they get this info from the phone? the info above is all I could get from the "About Device" screen.