Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,440 Members 50,631 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Can't install CM10.2 from TWRP??

Tip us?

wild20
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Can't install CM10.2 from TWRP??

THE PROBLEM: Can't get TWRP to install cm_acclaim_10.2_12NOV2013_HD.

So I am using the SD boot files (flashingb boot, MLO, u-boot, and recovery) with openrecovery-twrp-2.6.3.1-acclaim-sdcard.img renamed to altboot.img to try and install cm_acclaim_10.2_12NOV2013_HD and GAPPS (an October version?) to EMMC on my Nook Tablet. So what I've done:

SD Card:
1. Formatted card with SDFormatter
2. Partitioned 500MB space in FAT32, set to primary, set to active. Named partition "BOOT"
3. Put on the 4 SDBoot img files, cm_acclaim_10.2_12NOV2013_HD, AND GAPPS

Installing
1. Used recovery.img (pretty much stock recovery) to wipe cache/factory reset, wipe cache partition, wipe Dalvik.
2. Rebooted and opened altboot (TWRP), selected install >> external SD >> cm_acclaim_10.2_12NOV2013_HD
3. TWRP says it cannot install cm_acclaim_10.2_12NOV2013_HD (bad file). What gives?

I've tried several different zip ROMS, and I've tried reformatting the card several times. I'm stumped. Would really like to get this done and have 10.2 on eMMc. Any tips?

wild20
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
One more important thing, I am not burning the img onto the card with win32diskimager because I didn't think you could "burn" multiple images into one card. So I've been just dragging them in. Still takes me to boot screen, sooooo...........

I guess I am just stuck on how to get TWRP to accurately flash the ROM to eMMC. Should I move the CM10.2 to internal storage and point TWRP there to flash the system?

digixmax
Old
Thanks Meter 385
Is there a reason why that you opted to use TWRP v2.6.3.1?

I'd suggest that you try using CWM v6.0.2.8 (which should be available at http://goo.im/devs/succulent/acclaim/recovery), it's known to work: I used it successfully to flash 10.0 through 10.2 (see http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=123 for more info).