5,605,438 Members 43,198 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] A new question! Wondering if this is possible...

Tip us?

LifeAsADroid
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 60

DONATE TO ME
Default [Q] A new question! Wondering if this is possible...

I was looking at my phone the other day and though I like the "Droid Blue" color scheme throughout the OS, I thought it might be fun to change it up. Is this possible? Easy, difficult, not at all? Does someone know where to find a procedure to do so? I was thinking of going with a red theme instead, just for something different...

Along the same lines, I read somewhere a while back that it may be possible to change the color scheme on Android 4.4 as an added option by Google within the software - can anyone verify this?

As always, thanks in advance!
Thanks to all the devs and friendly souls here that have helped me with my RMaxxHD (XT926) enhancements!

RikRong
Old
Thanks Meter 372
4.4 is white and black, thank-goodness they got rid of the blue. Also, you should really take a look at the themes on the Play Store...
The Following User Says Thank You to RikRong For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

LifeAsADroid
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 60

DONATE TO ME
Thanks as always for your replies, it's to the point where I await your responses to my posts/questions in the RAZR HD forums

About the themes in the Play Store... Do they typically work with the stock OS / launcher, or do I have to install a different launcher for certain themes I find (as in the Red Light GO Launcher, for the GO Launcher EX app)?

I was also reading recently about the "Themer" (app?) in one of the threads here at XDA - any experience?
Thanks to all the devs and friendly souls here that have helped me with my RMaxxHD (XT926) enhancements!

RikRong
Old
Thanks Meter 372
Most of the themes require a theme manager. However, you can use Xposed to install themes, if you're rooted. I haven't messed around with Themer or Go Launcher much. Most of the "themes" you can install on a launcher are only icons. The theme manager changes the entire look, just look at some of the themes for CM that are on the Play Store, you'll see what I mean. Xposed has a module that allows you to modify the themes and use them on most ROMs.