5,606,465 Members 33,415 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

XZ1's JDC Screen vs XZ1's low quality screen (sharp?)

Tip us?

indycar
Old
Thanks Meter 70
Ever heard of white balance settings

Indy@Xperia Z

DennisDD78
Old
(Last edited by DennisDD78; 23rd January 2014 at 12:32 AM.)
Thanks Meter 32
Here is my story
First i bought Z1 in early october, it was the official one for the Russian market. I had no problem with display, i even didn`t pay any attention on it, everything satisfied me totally!
In december i accidentally dropped it out of my hand, and the plastic and aluminium frames got some small damages, so i decided to change the phone. I sold the old one and bought the new, for the Hong Kong market. With the new phone i noticed that the screen have some reddish tint

This was annoying for me too much, so i applied White balance mod, and the screen bacame much better for me but if take a look more strongly, anyway there`s a reddish tint on screen, but generally the image became more closer to natural white and grey

I started reading the threads about the screen, and realize that Sony defifnitely used different types of screen. I remember discussions about screens when i was Xperia Z user, so i found the thread at Z section about how to recognize display manufacturer, so i did it on my new Z1 from HK, and this is what i got

So, my new phone is with Sharp (reddish tint) display, and i don`t like it at all. I don`t know what type of the display was in my first, Russian, Z1, but i didn`t even thought about it, the screen was perfect for me! And i realize now that the screen was more with the greenish tint, but it was so
not noticeable for me that i didn`t even pay any attention on it. And now i`m upset with the new phone and screen, i don`t like to be dependent on White balance mod.
Don`t know what to do
Sony Xperia Z2 Black [D6503] Soon...
Google Nexus 5 32Gb
Sony Ericsson Cedar

OCedHrt
Old
Thanks Meter 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerickjohn View Post
I got a picture for you guys, its my Z vs a Z1 I borrowed.

You can clearly tell the Z1 has the yellow tint.
Mine is somewhere in between but it's not the tint that bothers me. Rather, the overexposure on bright colors is what kills it.

Sent from my C6916 using xda app-developers app