Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,784,939 Members 50,275 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] P880 4.0.3 to 4.4 How? Newbie here

Tip us?

kuodo20
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] P880 4.0.3 to 4.4 How? Newbie here

Hi,

I'm a complete newbie to this stuff.. I bought my LG Optimus 4x HD P880 here in the Philippines about a year ago. I still got the stock 4.0.3 ICS.

Now I heard great things about KitKat.. I wanted to try it. When I tried to search, I came across these terms that I did not understand completely..
"CWM11 ? or CM11?"
"Flashing"
"ROM"

Basically, I wanted to try this one:
CyanFox ROM

I'm not very sure though, but if anyone could link me or teach me how to get started.. really appreciate that.

thank you so much advance,
Kuodo

donkanmcklaus
Old
Thanks Meter 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuodo20 View Post
Hi,

I'm a complete newbie to this stuff.. I bought my LG Optimus 4x HD P880 here in the Philippines about a year ago. I still got the stock 4.0.3 ICS.

Now I heard great things about KitKat.. I wanted to try it. When I tried to search, I came across these terms that I did not understand completely..
"CWM11 ? or CM11?"
"Flashing"
"ROM"

Basically, I wanted to try this one:
CyanFox ROM

I'm not very sure though, but if anyone could link me or teach me how to get started.. really appreciate that.

thank you so much advance,
Kuodo
ohh dude, you have a lot of info to read about it.... first that all you have to flash V20 Euro Open KDZ to can unlock the bootloader, then you have to root and flash CWM recovery 6.0.4.5, then you can flash cyanfox using the recovery to do that

in this post you can find a tool to do almost everything that i talked above http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2230934
The Following User Says Thank You to donkanmcklaus For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dimi89
Old
Thanks Meter 197
You have all tutoriala you need here on xda but let me make little easyer for you.Firat plug your lg to PC install driver via lg software updater then update to 4.1.2 jb.Then root your device then unlock bootloader then download via market rom manager and install CWM.After that download rom you want and flash it.For every step i described you have detailed tutorial on xda you just need to google it.Step by step and you will make it.I think this is the moust help you will get with your question since it was 5646373829 times asked and people are sick of it.

Sent from my LG-P880 using Tapatalk
****LG 4x -Experimenting with different roms- ****

P.S.If someone help you it is polite to say "Thank you" (in this case hit "Thank you" button
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dimi89 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kuodo20
Old
(Last edited by kuodo20; 20th January 2014 at 05:51 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks.. ill do that..

*EDIT* I was able to upgrade to JB 4.1.2 and root it. My problem now is how to unlock bootloader. I have ESA-XXXX and that 'all in one tool' said that it only works on EUR-XXXX.. Im kinda stuck.

Sent from my LG-P880 using xda app-developers app

kuodo20
Old
(Last edited by kuodo20; 20th January 2014 at 05:53 AM.) Reason: Added report.log
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Okay.. I got rom manager now and downloaded CyanFox ROM and GAPPS..

If Hidden Menu says Bootloader Unlocked, that means it is unlocked right?

Because when I tried to Flash CyanFox ROM, it says 'cannot open file'

Here's what I got from report.log

- Installing: /sdcard/Download/CyanFox2.0.2/CyanFox-2.0.2-p880.zip
Finding update package...
I:Update location: /data/media/Download/CyanFox2.0.2/CyanFox-2.0.2-p880.zip
Opening update package...
minzip: Missed a central dir sig (at 0)
E:Can't open /data/media/Download/CyanFox2.0.2/CyanFox-2.0.2-p880.zip
(bad)
Installation aborted.
result was NULL, message is: assert failed: install_zip("/sdcard/Download/CyanFox2.0.2/CyanFox-2.0.2-p880.zip")
I:using /data/media for /sdcard.

SimonTS
Old
Thanks Meter 1,553
Can you open the zip file on your computer? Sounds like a bad download or maybe wrong CWM version.

Sent from the darkest corners of my mind

kuodo20
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonTS View Post
Can you open the zip file on your computer? Sounds like a bad download or maybe wrong CWM version.
Yeah.. I wasn't able to. I downloaded again and I am now able to use CyanFox..

Also, I heard about iodak Kernel v9.5. I'm wondering if I needed to install that too? Iodak Kernel v9.5.

Thanks guys..

Kuodo