Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] RUU

OP ccsoccer03

22nd January 2014, 12:53 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

18 posts
Is it possible to flash another RUU that is not verizon even if it isnt the correct carrier or radios with S-On and Bootloader locked? Like the Google Edition Ruu or something. I was thinking that if you flashed an RUU with a similar phone, might give a way to circumvent the Verizon issue. I think I know the answer is already know but I thought I would ask anyway. This comes from the thought process of when I had the Droid X and we flashed an alternate carriers image to get around the Verizon root issue that came with the last update. What happens if you do try to flash an alternate Ruu?
22nd January 2014, 05:13 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1,227

5,179 posts
It just won't work or worse you could brick. Chances are it will fail the checks trying to run the ruu and will stop. My suggestion would be to wait for a method to be posted. Beaups may be waiting for KitKat to be released officially before posting a new method. You just never know.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk
23rd January 2014, 04:17 AM   |  #3  
Recognized Contributor
Flag york, pa
Thanks Meter: 1,334

2,998 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccsoccer03

Is it possible to flash another RUU that is not verizon even if it isnt the correct carrier or radios with S-On and Bootloader locked? Like the Google Edition Ruu or something. I was thinking that if you flashed an RUU with a similar phone, might give a way to circumvent the Verizon issue. I think I know the answer is already know but I thought I would ask anyway. This comes from the thought process of when I had the Droid X and we flashed an alternate carriers image to get around the Verizon root issue that came with the last update. What happens if you do try to flash an alternate Ruu?

If s-on it will fail because the cid will not match what's in the signed ruu.

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread