Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,791 Members 47,905 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] D803 Phone freezes then reboots every few minutes

Tip us?

mrsocksfox
Old
(Last edited by mrsocksfox; 19th January 2014 at 03:56 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Unhappy [Q] D803 Phone freezes then reboots every few minutes

What's currently happening is my phone will boot and work normally except it appears the radio is not working then after 60-120 seconds freeze for a second then reboot. Wifi does work but I just see an x for the cell network signal and if I take out the SIM I get no notification. Curiously if I'm using the camera it seems to delay the rebooting by a few minutes.

I've tried http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2432476 LG G2 Stock Firmware (Go Back to Stock) to no success, I was able to flash, it removed TWRP but I get the same symptoms anyway.

I've tried flashing the Rogers modem and this did not make a difference.

When I noticed this problem was when I was installing/testing some xposed modules, although it seems strange that they could break the phone in this way.

I've run out of ideas and although my phone isn't bricked per say it's near useless if it's going to reboot every minute or two. The phone doesn't reboot if I leave it in download mode or TWRP so this makes me think there's some hope.

Assuming it's not against the rules I'll PayPal anyone who comes up with the fix $50 CAD because right now I'm hooped.

feralcat
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Did you download and try flashing the exposed disabler zip file?

Sent from my LG-D803 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Brava27
Old
Thanks Meter 113
Of course there is hope!
All you gotta do is just download this ROM...
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2451592

Download it with your PC, then connect your phone to the PC to transfer the file.
The TWRP and flash it and that should fix it all.

Good luck
Telus Galaxy S5
HTC M8, LG G2, Note 3, Note 2, Galaxy S4, Galaxy S3, Blackberry Torch 9810, Blackberry Bold 9700, Blackberry Tour 9630, iDEN Motorola i800, i790, etc, Motorola Pebble, Nokia 6000, Motorola StarTak
Telus
Toronto, Canada

Klotar
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Do you have a gmail widget on your lockscreen? (Was worth a shot since others have reported varying issues with gmail widgets on the lockscreen).
Klotar -- Supervising Manager,
The Department of Redundancy Department
LG Optimus G2 D-803 | Android 4.4.2 | Rogers Wireless

mrsocksfox
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
I lost my recovery when I tried to go back to stock, and I can't seem to install any apps. I'm trying "upgrade recovery" from the LG Mobile Support Tool to see if that works. Otherwise I guess I have to find out how to root and flash a recovery entirely over ADB

mrsocksfox
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
I was able to restore the stock recovery and factory reset but that still didn't resolve the issue. Can someone provide a /system/ partition dump of a d803? I'm assuming there's something broken in there but I don't think flashing a ROM will solve that since flashing stock didn't seem to.

crzykiller
Old
Thanks Meter 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsocksfox View Post
I was able to restore the stock recovery and factory reset but that still didn't resolve the issue. Can someone provide a /system/ partition dump of a d803? I'm assuming there's something broken in there but I don't think flashing a ROM will solve that since flashing stock didn't seem to.
If flashing to stock didn't work then your phone may as well be defective...

mrsocksfox
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by crzykiller View Post
If flashing to stock didn't work then your phone may as well be defective...
It's not a paperweight yet, I can adb. I rooted it through adb I'm just not sure what the xposed module broke. It has to be something that persists across flashing stock but I don't have anything to compare against.

Steamer86
Old
Thanks Meter 146
EFS. Flash or push your backed up EFS.

mrsocksfox
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steamer86 View Post
EFS. Flash or push your backed up EFS.
I don't have one. I made a backup in TWRP but ended up losing it when trying to fix things . I believe I can still see my IMEI if that's any sign of things not being completely ****ed.