Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,360 Members 53,879 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Cydia Background Manager

Tip us?

jdub04
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Tablet [Q] Cydia Background Manager

I am wondering if there is something similar to the Cydia Background Manager application for iOS that can be used on Android devices. I am looking for something that will allow me to force an app that goes to the background to stay in a foreground state like you can do with the Background Manager application.

This is the app I am referring to just in case...

cydia.saurik.com/package/kr.slak.backgroundmanager

Thank you.

jdub04
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermainZ View Post
I think you can use the "Resident" option in Per App Settings, which is an Xposed module.
What app do I need to download to give that a shot? The only Xposed app I saw looked like something to just remap keys.

GermainZ
Old
Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 5605
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdub04 View Post
What app do I need to download to give that a shot? The only Xposed app I saw looked like something to just remap keys.
Install the Xposed framework, then search for Per App Hacking in the Xposed Installer's repo (in the "Download" menu item.)

jdub04
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Install the Xposed framework, then search for Per App Hacking in the Xposed Installer's repo (in the "Download" menu item.)
Does the device need to be rooted to install this? Where do I install it from?

jdub04
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
You do need root. Here's the link to the thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1574401
Would you happen to have a link to like an approved or known good guide for rooting a motorola xoom? Also I have read somewhere that when you unlock the bootloader before rooting that will essentially erase your device and all your app info...is that true?

GermainZ
Old
Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 5605
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdub04 View Post
Would you happen to have a link to like an approved or known good guide for rooting a motorola xoom? Also I have read somewhere that when you unlock the bootloader before rooting that will essentially erase your device and all your app info...is that true?
I have no experience with unlocking bootloaders. You'll be able to find guides in the Motorola Xoom section, and you can also ask there (in the Q&A section) if you need guidance.