Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,802,998 Members 39,334 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Speakers are imbalanced, really noticable..

Tip us?

n1234d
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 195
Default [Q] Speakers are imbalanced, really noticable..

Hi everyone! So I've been having this problem with my One from the beginning, where the top speaker sounds softer than the bottom speaker. It actually feels that it is increasing over time. I've tried a few others at the service center, and all had the same problem. So the real smartass guys there said that it's meant to be like that if most pieces have it. Thing is, it isn't supposed to be like this, and I'm pulling my hair out now. I saw two of my friends phones, which sound perfectly balanced.. I read somewhere that it could be because of dirt accumulated in the speakers, so I took a thin paintbrush and brushed over the top speaker, but that doesn't seem to have made any difference. I'm on ParanoidAndroid now, but even on sense, the problem was prominent. Even after turning on beats audio, it was still very audible. Also, it sounds like the top speaker is trying very hard to be loud, and you can feel it vibrate as hard as the bottom speaker, but it just sounds like it's being blocked/restrained. Any ideas/solutions? Except giving it back to HTC and waiting for a week while praying for the best?
Always hit the "Thanks" Button
Use this link to get 50GB of cloud storage from ADrive absolutely free!
Samsung SCH-M569 --> Nokia Asha 200 --> iPod Touch 4G --> HTC One (M7) --> HTC One (M8)
Current Device :
HTC One (M8) M8q Gunmetal Grey (Lighter Variant), SlickWraps Carbon Fiber Black
HBOOT 3.18 S-ON
2.10.720.1 Stock rooted
ElementalX Kernel

raghav kapur
Old
Thanks Meter 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by n1234d View Post
Hi everyone! So I've been having this problem with my One from the beginning, where the top speaker sounds softer than the bottom speaker. It actually feels that it is increasing over time. I've tried a few others at the service center, and all had the same problem. So the real smartass guys there said that it's meant to be like that if most pieces have it. Thing is, it isn't supposed to be like this, and I'm pulling my hair out now. I saw two of my friends phones, which sound perfectly balanced.. I read somewhere that it could be because of dirt accumulated in the speakers, so I took a thin paintbrush and brushed over the top speaker, but that doesn't seem to have made any difference. I'm on ParanoidAndroid now, but even on sense, the problem was prominent. Even after turning on beats audio, it was still very audible. Also, it sounds like the top speaker is trying very hard to be loud, and you can feel it vibrate as hard as the bottom speaker, but it just sounds like it's being blocked/restrained. Any ideas/solutions? Except giving it back to HTC and waiting for a week while praying for the best?
considering that its a hardware defect, theres really nothing much u can do except for giving it to htc. I don't have the same problem as you though

adakaya1994
Old
Thanks Meter 76
Quote:
You are not alone I have exect same problem but except giving it back to HTC there is nothing we can do unfortunatly..

n1234d
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 195
Default [Q] Speakers are imbalanced, really noticable..

Quote:
Originally Posted by adakaya1994 View Post
You are not alone I have exect same problem but except giving it back to HTC there is nothing we can do unfortunatly..
Hmm. Do you hear the top speaker sort of "washed out" compared to the bottom one? And when you get the phone closer, the difference gets less noticeable? Describe your problem a little..

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Samsung SCH-M569 --> Nokia Asha 200 --> iPod Touch 4G --> HTC One (M7) --> HTC One (M8)
Current Device :
HBOOT 3.18 S-ON
2.10.720.1 Stock rooted
ElementalX Kernel

n1234d
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by raghav kapur View Post
considering that its a hardware defect, theres really nothing much u can do except for giving it to htc. I don't have the same problem as you though
The problem is the service center technicians don't accept the problem of imbalance. They say that all the other phones have it, so this will have it too.. And I really have no energy left to argue with those noobs after getting my phone repaired there numerous times.. Well I guess I'll just sell my phone, it's just been full of problems ever since I got it. At the risk of going off-topic, you're from India, what would you see as a good price for this perfect (except for speakers) 2 month old, November batch (HT3B) device?

Current Device :
HBOOT 3.18 S-ON
2.10.720.1 Stock rooted
ElementalX Kernel

raghav kapur
Old
Thanks Meter 105
Quote:
The problem is the service center technicians don't accept the problem of imbalance. They say that all the other phones have it, so this will have it too.. And I really have no energy left to argue with those noobs after getting my phone repaired there numerous times.. Well I guess I'll just sell my phone, it's just been full of problems ever since I got it. At the risk of going off-topic, you're from India, what would you see as a good price for this perfect (except for speakers) 2 month old, November batch (HT3B) device?

Why dont u try gng 2 another repair centre. Non-HTC. Those repair centres that treat all kinds of electronics. The manufacturer csn b an ass at times. I dont live in India though. But try fr 35K INR

n1234d
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 195
Hmm alright. I'd rather not spend any longer with the phone, it works perfect now, very new (it is a replacement for my previous One which I sent for repair I think five times) Price will keep reducing if I use it for longer. Thanks anyways

Sent from my One using Tapatalk
Current Device :
HBOOT 3.18 S-ON
2.10.720.1 Stock rooted
ElementalX Kernel

Tags
htc one, imbalance, speakers