Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,607 Members 52,934 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] noob messed with phone

Tip us?

tomcat1974@aol.com
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default [Q] noob messed with phone

hey yall,

I've tried everything to fix my phone and now i'm stuck. Yes i'm a noob at this and probably should've never done it but i wanted to root my phone and have full access to it, make it faster, etc.

So i believe i rooted it using "philz_touch_6.00.8-d2spr" and it was working great. I deleted a bunch of apps and also messed with trying to make my own startup screen using the samsung app.

Well today i was trying to use bluetooth but it wouldn't work, so using my philz recovery i tried to do a factory reset. When i rebooted, it asked about connecting to my WIFI but afterwards it said "unfortunately setup wizard has stopped". I'm sure my overzealousness in deleting stuff off of my phone trying to make it faster caused this problem.

I can still get into my recovery OK, but am lost after this. I honestly would rather have my whole phone purely stock again instead of messing with rooting, recovery stuff etc.

I know i deserve this consequence but i really need my phone back working again. Now, i've looked for ways to totally "re-stock" my phone but apparently there's no way to do this except taking it to the store. I'm willing to try new ROM's like cynagen or whatever it's called but getting my phone calling and texting again is of the utmost priority ASAP due to needing it for my job and family.

Thanks for any help,

Stupid, Stupid, Stupid

montecarlo5
Old
(Last edited by montecarlo5; 23rd January 2014 at 11:08 PM.)
Thanks Meter 114
try reading this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1904099. it has stock md4 rom and as long as youre not on mk3 rom it will work and restore your phone to stock.

oh, and i forgot about this thread for mk3 4.3 stock rooted and unrooted without knox http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2541900
Sprint SM-G900P Galaxy S5
Trying all Roms
Don't forget to push that little Thanks button if you were helped!