FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] one more battery question

1 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By vap8900, Junior Member on 23rd January 2014, 04:27 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I have searched xda-developers and many, many other sites that I won't list, and I get conflicting answers with every thread I read. Some of the threads are dated and hope that someone can give me a clear answer.

Like many, I have poor battery life on my VZW Galaxy S3 (non-rooted). It seemed to get worse after the 4.3 upgrade, but that may be a coincidence. I have read several posts that say deleting batterystats.bin can solve this issue. I have also read several, and convincing posts that debunk that theory.

I somehow need to find a valid solution to calibrate my battery. Here is the behavior I experienced today -

8:00 am - full charge and removed from charger
5:30 pm - 63% battery remaining; moderate use during the day on wifi the entire time (extremely pleased with this, yet very unusual lately)
7:00 pm - full 4g service from 5:30 - 7:00, but not on wifi. No usage during this time. Battery down to 33% (still not too bad after 11 hours)
7:05 pm - 3% battery without any usage, phone shut off
7:07 pm - plugged phone into car charger and immediately turned it on. Battery showed that I had 56% remaining. Disconnected phone from charger as soon as I turned it on and the phone was functional for 3 more hours on battery.

So, it appears that the phone is "thinking" that the battery has less juice than it really does and powers off automatically. I need a real solution to fix this. I know that people may respond with conflicting information, but I need a real solution or cause. Is deleting baterystats.bin really a myth (see: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...p?t=2256038)?? Will running the battery down/recharging/running down/recharging/repeat/repeat/repeat really work?

background - Before my 4.3 upgrade (on 4.1.2), I used to get 12-14 hours consistently. I didn't install any new applications or change any of my existing application settings, but my battery life dropped to 5-6 hours between charges, and all with similar signal strength.

Any help or thoughts are appreciated.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
battery, battery calibration, galaxy s3

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)