Noob Attempting Root

20th January 2014, 01:35 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
I have a Verizon HTC One and I cannot seem to root it. All the programs I have used to unlock the bootloader have failed. I tried rumrunner and kingo. im on Hboot 1.55 and 4.3

Completely stock. this is my first time attempting anything root related.
20th January 2014, 01:44 AM   |  #2  

5 posts
CWM?
Do you have Clockwork mod installed? JDK or Android SDK installed?
20th January 2014, 01:44 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 287

971 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackojacko

I have a Verizon HTC One and I cannot seem to root it. All the programs I have used to unlock the bootloader have failed. I tried rumrunner and kingo. im on Hboot 1.55 and 4.3

Completely stock. this is my first time attempting anything root related.

There is no method for unlocking the current 4.3 update. You're just going to have to wait for now.
20th January 2014, 02:33 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 2

11 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawshayi

There is no method for unlocking the current 4.3 update. You're just going to have to wait for now.

SOB I just got my HTC one yesterday and I let it update to 4.3 after 8 hours after purchase!

I need this thing rooted to use ARliberator on my pioneer app2radio2.

After update though my internet connectivity seems to be messed up. I get random times where the data upload / down seems to do nothing, no streaming, Facebook, webpages with a full 4g signal that never had issues on my galaxy S3. They swapped my SIM card but still having issues.

I may take it back and return for another but verify it's not on 4.3.
23rd January 2014, 04:54 AM   |  #5  

16 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian99rt

SOB I just got my HTC one yesterday and I let it update to 4.3 after 8 hours after purchase!

I need this thing rooted to use ARliberator on my pioneer app2radio2.

After update though my internet connectivity seems to be messed up. I get random times where the data upload / down seems to do nothing, no streaming, Facebook, webpages with a full 4g signal that never had issues on my galaxy S3. They swapped my SIM card but still having issues.

I may take it back and return for another but verify it's not on 4.3.

It is a little bit of a late reply, but that is one of the reasons I returned mine. My new one comes in tomorrow and will likely have 4.2.2 on it. Mine as well replace it so you can get root too
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread