5,595,196 Members 46,998 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[rom][port][mod] miui 3.10.25 jb 4.1.2

Tip us?

Free Radical
Old
(Last edited by Free Radical; 21st December 2013 at 01:36 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 459

DONATE TO ME
Thumbs up [rom][port][mod] miui 3.10.25 jb 4.1.2

This is a port from the 4.1.2 MIUI unofficial port for the HTC Desire S (Saga).

Not much has changed since rcset's 3.4.26 port and the performance is still very sluggish as compared to my MIUI GB ports. This is due to the low ram and incomplete support for this phone.

The rom uses CK's latest available kernel with nil zram.
The entire /system partition is occupied and I had to trim down the original miuiandrod port.
This rom also includes my set of custom icons, most of which are my own creation and live icons, not in the original rom along with a few essential apps.

I recommend setting all animations to off and overclocking to at least 1.5 Ghz to make this somewhat usable.
The graphic glitches (choreographer reports skipped frames) are still there. I have tried to ameliorate the situation by increasing available memory through an init.d script by adding 150 MB swap to /data but it only improves performance slightly.

Overall, I won't recommend this for 24x7 usage but I am giving this a try currently for a couple of days to see whether I can improve on it.

I invite fellow members and developers to give their insights to help me tweak this.

http://d-h.st/1Q5
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Free Radical For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rizla13shd
Old
Thanks Meter 5
can bbm works in this rom???

alonedroid
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Any feed back on this????
Device :- CSL Mi 410
ROM :- No stable rom found yet. Keeps on changing