5,604,122 Members 48,227 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Micro sound when startup on LG G2 D802!

Tip us?

quachhanthanh
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Default Micro sound when startup on LG G2 D802!

I just bought my LG G2 for two weeks. It s a really amazing android phone and I love it. But yesterday when I started it up in the early morning and noticed the micro sound from G2. This sound like the sound from a hard disk when it run, u must listen carefully to realize it. Then I pay attention at it and actually hear this sound from my G2 when run some heavy apps or games.

Is my G2 OK? Have anyone else heard this sound?

player911
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 880

DONATE TO ME
I've never heard a sound. Sounds like a short with the speaker or microphone. There are no moving parts outside of the camera. How loud is it?

I noticed my. NEXUS 7 2013 makes a sound when I mute the audio while playing a video. Its a slight frequency pitch but stops even with volume set to 1. It starts and stops at random.

-sent from my LG G2 using XDA Premium 4
LG G2 - Modded Stock
Nexus 7 FHD - Jelly Bean 4.4.2 [CM Kang Banged]
HTC Touch Pro►HTC Touch Diamond 2►Nexus One►LG G2x►HTC Rezound►Galaxy NexusLG G2!
iPad►iPad2►Asus TransformerGalaxy Tab 7 [CM10]Nook►Nook TabletNexus 7Nexus 7 FHD!

[Site Owner] MiiWiiChat.com - Free Chat for your Wii
[Site Owner] SnapSite Admins.com - Free Custom Website

Like what I do? - Donations welcome or hit the Thanks button!

PAGOT
Old
Thanks Meter 322

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by quachhanthanh View Post
I just bought my LG G2 for two weeks. It s a really amazing android phone and I love it. But yesterday when I started it up in the early morning and noticed the micro sound from G2. This sound like the sound from a hard disk when it run, u must listen carefully to realize it. Then I pay attention at it and actually hear this sound from my G2 when run some heavy apps or games.

Is my G2 OK? Have anyone else heard this sound?
Not sure what you describe is the same.

I have static noise - buzzing in the earpiece. Even when screen off....annoying in calls...

In my case it's an old known bug of LG devices(someone said all devices to have this to some extent, however LG's is the only one I can hear it from). I reported it few times... It's very well documented in the Nexus 4...

At LG G2 the users do not like to be told that their precious is bugged...

Some do not hear it or do not want to hear it.

The buzzing, static etc. You can hear it even when the screen is off...

Supposed to be shielding issue?

Maybe yours could be the same
Can you check with screen of if you can hear some buzzing?

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

^ don't have that phone anymore, too lazy to change the picture...

LG G2
Stock 4.2.2 with G2 Xposed variant 0
echo 0 > /sys/class/leds/button-backlight/brightness
chmod 444 /sys/class/leds/button-backlight/brightness
echo "who cares, always changes with the kernel..." > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/UV_mV_table

Quadrant score never matters!

quachhanthanh
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by player911 View Post
I've never heard a sound. Sounds like a short with the speaker or microphone. There are no moving parts outside of the camera. How loud is it?

I noticed my. NEXUS 7 2013 makes a sound when I mute the audio while playing a video. Its a slight frequency pitch but stops even with volume set to 1. It starts and stops at random.

-sent from my LG G2 using XDA Premium 4
No, not sounds are made from speaker or microphone. It seem be made from one of hardwares of G2. I don't know exactly. This sound like sound is made from hard disk of PC when it runs.

IrfanCore
Old
(Last edited by IrfanCore; 23rd January 2014 at 05:28 PM.)
Thanks Meter 9
Default Similar here...

I have this sound on headphones in the right channel.
It's very low and as quachhanthanh says it's like a hard drive starting up but much lower with similarities how radio frequencies disturb speakers.
It increases a little when I touch the screen but is constant like a very low beat when not using the screen.
I will try this later on CM latest stable.