[Q] [Advice] Broken Kyocera Rise

21st January 2014, 07:59 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Sedro Woolley
Thanks Meter: 9

40 posts
Donate to Me
More
My wife's Kyocera Rise crapped out yesterday and will no longer work. The phone itself is in fully functional condition, but the OS will only load to the initial Kyocera logo splash screen at the start and then reboot. I've tried holding the volume down + power buttons down at startup to try to get to the menu where supposedly I would be able to perform a factory reset (phone OS is original stock), but this appears to have no effect as it delays the initial boot, but still ends up with the same result.

Now I have two questions regarding this:

1. Is there any way I can fix this phone myself? I am not about to send it in for repair.

2. Regardless of the first question, can I safely sell this phone? I don't know what type of data is still on the internal memory and I don't know what I can do to wipe it.
23rd January 2014, 05:31 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 27

229 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisMills83

My wife's Kyocera Rise crapped out yesterday and will no longer work. The phone itself is in fully functional condition, but the OS will only load to the initial Kyocera logo splash screen at the start and then reboot. I've tried holding the volume down + power buttons down at startup to try to get to the menu where supposedly I would be able to perform a factory reset (phone OS is original stock), but this appears to have no effect as it delays the initial boot, but still ends up with the same result.

Now I have two questions regarding this:

1. Is there any way I can fix this phone myself? I am not about to send it in for repair.

2. Regardless of the first question, can I safely sell this phone? I don't know what type of data is still on the internal memory and I don't know what I can do to wipe it.

The phone is $80 to begin with, non functioning it is effectively worthless, make sure you are RELEASING the power button as soon as the screen comes on but still holding power down, hold until it goes to the boot loader. If all else fails crush it for data safety

Please quote me in replies.
Sent from Dell Venue 8
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread