[APP][4.0.3+] Retribution Launcher v1.2.0
Retribution is a Launcher3 based launcher with the following new features:
- Workspace grid rows and columns are adjustable to 1 above or below the device default.
- Search Bar can be hidden. The work space expands to take up its space in Portrait or in Landscape if the Dock is also Hidden.
- Optional Dock with the work space expanding over the freed space when the Dock isn't present.
- Ideal Icon sizes are calculated automatically based on the work space configuration.
- Icon sizes are additionally adjustable to between 75% and 125% of the calculated size
- Icon pack support (all common types) with a selector that shows a sample of icons from each installed pack. (Based on the Widget Selector)
- Folder Color customization. (Choices between grey opaque, black opaque, grey translucent, black translucent, and the default White.)
- Choose between the old black folder icon and the new white.
- (unsupported) Optional landscape orientation on phones.
- Support for Android 4.0.3 and 4.1 in addition to the 4.2+ Launcher3 supported. (note there are slight differences, unrelated to my new features on those versions. See the Play Store Listing for details.)
I do not try to duplicate the Google Now features in the Google Now Launcher. That can't be done well in a way that offers anything over existing ways to use Google Now. I have ideas for the Custom Page that Now occupies in that Launcher but haven't started that yet.
Available for Free from the Play Store below, or through the attached APK.
New in 1.2.0 (Free)
- Page scroll transitions.
- App Drawer sorting by Name, Launch Count, or Install Time.
(thanks to @CyanogenMod
for both new free features which were taken from the CM11 version of Trebuchet)
Also, there's a paid ($2.99) Pro unlock Key which adds the following:
- The work space grid is adjustable to between 2 and 12 rows and columns.
- Icon and Label sizes are adjustable to any value (well, any above 1dp/sp)
- Folder colors expanded to allow any of the 3 folder components (Icon Labels, Folder Name,and Background) to be set to any color.
- Quickly scroll through the App Drawer, Widgets, and Icon Packs by swiping the Page Indicator in each.
- In addition to the normal black or white, folder icon backgrounds can be colored to match the folder background color.
New in 1.2.0 (Pro)
- App Drawer Groups.
- Workspace folder colors can be set individually. (except for the icon, which if colored, always uses the set system background color)