Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,734,036 Members 51,951 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP][4.0.3+] Retribution Launcher v1.3.0/1.3.1L

Tip us?

nbehary
Old
(Last edited by nbehary; 29th June 2014 at 11:53 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Default [APP][4.0.3+] Retribution Launcher v1.3.0/1.3.1L

Update Added an APK that fixes Transparent Status and Nav on Android L. It does nothing else new over 1.3.0.

Retribution is a Launcher3 based launcher with the following new features:

- Workspace grid rows and columns are adjustable to 1 above or below the device default.
- Search Bar can be hidden. The work space expands to take up its space in Portrait or in Landscape if the Dock is also Hidden.
- Optional Dock with the work space expanding over the freed space when the Dock isn't present.
- Ideal Icon sizes are calculated automatically based on the work space configuration.
- Icon sizes are additionally adjustable to between 75% and 125% of the calculated size
- Icon pack support (all common types) with a selector that shows a sample of icons from each installed pack. (Based on the Widget Selector)
- Folder Color customization. (Choices between grey opaque, black opaque, grey translucent, black translucent, and the default White.)
- Choose between the old black folder icon and the new white.
- (unsupported) Optional landscape orientation on phones.
- Support for Android 4.0.3 and 4.1 in addition to the 4.2+ Launcher3 supported. (note there are slight differences, unrelated to my new features on those versions. See the Play Store Listing for details.)

I do not try to duplicate the Google Now features in the Google Now Launcher. That can't be done well in a way that offers anything over existing ways to use Google Now. I have ideas for the Custom Page that Now occupies in that Launcher but haven't started that yet.

Available for Free from the Play Store below, or through the attached APK.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ry.retribution

New in 1.3.0 (Free)

Bug Fixes (apply to both Free and Pro)
- App Drawer Sort menu now properly displays the current sort method.
- Sort method is saved and preserved.
- Grid changes should always take effect now. (They weren't sometimes)

Also, there's a paid ($2.49) Pro unlock Key which adds the following:

- Applications can be placed in Groups used to filter the App Drawer (and other) display.
- Workspace folder colors can be set individually. (except for the icon, which if colored, always uses the set system background color)
- The work space grid is adjustable to between 2 and 12 rows and columns.
- Icon and Label sizes are adjustable to any value (well, any above 1dp/sp)
- Folder colors expanded to allow any of the 3 folder components (Icon Labels, Folder Name,and Background) to be set to any color.
- Quickly scroll through the App Drawer, Widgets, and Icon Packs by swiping the Page Indicator in each.
- In addition to the normal black or white, folder icon backgrounds can be colored to match the folder background color.

Available here:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...bution.pro_key

New in 1.3.0 (Pro)

- Folder contents can be changed via a dialog listing installed apps. (This list is filterable by group as well)

Bug Fix (Pro Only)
- Prevented a crash when Quick scrolling in Widgets.

Here's a video showing everything (Free and Pro):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEevheelqWo
Attached Files
File Type: apk 1.3.0_prod (2230).apk - [Click for QR Code] (2.53 MB, 94 views)
File Type: apk 1.3.1L (2238).apk - [Click for QR Code] (3.18 MB, 27 views)

TOMs12
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Very good launcher, maybe it could be more simple.

Dhiraj
Old
Thanks Meter 265
I like grid adjustment option of this launcher. But which I dislike most of launcher 3 is few second delay of appearing and disappearing of application drawer. Can developer focus on this issue?

nbehary
Old
(Last edited by nbehary; 23rd January 2014 at 04:40 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhiraj View Post
I like grid adjustment option of this launcher. But which I dislike most of launcher 3 is few second delay of appearing and disappearing of application drawer. Can developer focus on this issue?
What device? I've never noticed any real delay. If possible I am interested in addressing an issue like that.

Correction, maybe. I've assumed my phone is just slow which it is, but there are cases on it where it does take overly long that may be something else. (I can't recreate on the 2013 N7, but it that's not surprising.) I'll investigate that.

Dhiraj
Old
Thanks Meter 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbehary View Post
What device? I've never noticed any real delay. If possible I am interested in addressing an issue like that.

Correction, maybe. I've assumed my phone is just slow which it is, but there are cases on it where it does take overly long that may be something else. (I can't recreate on the 2013 N7, but it that's not surprising.) I'll investigate that.
I am using mtk6589 chipset based device running on 4.2.1.
Tags
launcher