5,601,298 Members 56,822 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

My kindle fire HDX 7" setup, for newbies!

Tip us?

GreatEmerald
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by spaghettiknight View Post
The system partition only needs to be as big as the Rom or backup you flash is, the data partition I typically make as big as possible (4000 mb) since this is what your Rom will consider internal storage. This is where apps and app data will be downloaded onto, where the rest of the data on your ad card is shared and is used for music, videos and lots of other custom stuff you can add. As for the cache I leave it at the default, this is where temporary data for apps is stored ( for example when you play a youtube video, it is temporarily stored on this partition.
Ah, that's good to know. It makes me wonder, though can I resize partitions in some way? Say, I created a smallish partition setup for ROM slot 1, then another one for ROM slot 2, and then have a bit spare; can I allocate the whole space to ROM slot 1 if I no longer need ROM slot 2? Or to do a backup, clear the partition setup, then restore the backup into newly sized partitions?

spaghettiknight
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatEmerald View Post
Ah, that's good to know. It makes me wonder, though can I resize partitions in some way? Say, I created a smallish partition setup for ROM slot 1, then another one for ROM slot 2, and then have a bit spare; can I allocate the whole space to ROM slot 1 if I no longer need ROM slot 2? Or to do a backup, clear the partition setup, then restore the backup into newly sized partitions?
yes, what i would do is backup my current setup, delete the rom slot your using, then remake it with your newly picked partitions

vuvu123
Old
(Last edited by vuvu123; 23rd January 2014 at 08:35 AM.) Reason: i downloaded the wrong gapps file
Thanks Meter 0
Nevermind. Got it working now. Thanks for the guide!
Tags
boot strap, guide, recovery, root, setup