Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,784,212 Members 43,599 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Z Ultra SGP412 ROM Question

Tip us?

toonhead85
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] Z Ultra SGP412 ROM Question

How likely is it that we would be able to port the WIFI Only Z Ultra ROM to the C6802?

I love this device but am getting to the point where I think it might be better to have something smaller for when I go running, go to work and make general "out and about" outings such as to the movies or dinner. It doesn't elegantly fit in a pocket and allow for bending/kneeling without fear of damaging the phone :P

I know the device works without a SIM in it, but you have a nasty empty cell service icon in the status bar and an "Emergency Calls Only" on the lock screen.

So what are our thoughts about this? A bit of magic might work... right?

Thanks for ya'll opinions,

toonhead

vernicex
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Flight mode then turn on the wifi manually

toonhead85
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by vernicex View Post
Flight mode then turn on the wifi manually
True, but 2 problems:

1) You still have a nasty airplane in the status bar. I will agree, though, it is much better looking than the grayed out signal icon with the red 'X' that indicates no service.

2) You still have "No Service" and "Emergency Calls Only" on the lock screen. I guess I am trying to get to a point where I don't need to see them.

Thanks for the suggestion though!!

toonhead

abuihsan
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by toonhead85 View Post
True, but 2 problems:

1) You still have a nasty airplane in the status bar. I will agree, though, it is much better looking than the grayed out signal icon with the red 'X' that indicates no service.

2) You still have "No Service" and "Emergency Calls Only" on the lock screen. I guess I am trying to get to a point where I don't need to see them.

Thanks for the suggestion though!!

toonhead
if you are rooted, you can try Xposed Installer + these moduls:

- Hide No SIM icon
- GEM Experia Exposed (which able to hide courier service in lock screen, guess it will hide the 'emergency Call only' on it