Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,315 Members 42,225 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] About SDS

Tip us?

tryunus
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Default [Q] About SDS

Hi folks,

i have a question about the popular SDS.

My Note2 is running with Ketan's V6 Rom. If i send the phone to the Sammsung service, would they solve the problem with the insane chip even i have root. I am not really interested to unroot, flash stock rom, set the device status to official and WAIT till the device dies. Because i don't know when the phone is dead. It can took months or years. But i have warranty till september this year. If I give it to the service with note about the insane chip, would it then clarify. Or have the phone to die for the repair. I see there is no solution till now for SDS. And i don't know how long the user before me used it on 4.1.1. Does anyone have experience...

Thanks
NOKIA LUMIA 1320
GENERAL MOBILE DISCOVERY 16GB EDITION
SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB 3 7.0inch NoleKat v1.4 for T210

Androidwizzard
Old
Thanks Meter 565
Quote:
Originally Posted by tryunus View Post
Hi folks,

i have a question about the popular SDS.

My Note2 is running with Ketan's V6 Rom. If i send the phone to the Sammsung service, would they solve the problem with the insane chip even i have root. I am not really interested to unroot, flash stock rom, set the device status to official and WAIT till the device dies. Because i don't know when the phone is dead. It can took months or years. But i have warranty till september this year. If I give it to the service with note about the insane chip, would it then clarify. Or have the phone to die for the repair. I see there is no solution till now for SDS. And i don't know how long the user before me used it on 4.1.1. Does anyone have experience...

Thanks
If the device officially updated to 4.1.2 there was an implemented fix from Samsung. Besides, running a custom rom also prohibits by 99,9 percent the SDS. As far as I have read around the world, there are seldom recognized SDS cases. Many claim SDS but there are other reasons of wrecking the phone. I don't think Samsung will exchange the chip only by suspicion.
The Following User Says Thank You to Androidwizzard For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

aka_sirok
Old
Thanks Meter 30
as said, in theory there is a fix from 4.1.2 dlk7 and up versions., they'll not fix the phone (well in fact if you are in china they'll do) due to the fact that they'll lose money with it(it is easier to wait til phone dies or til the warranty is over)
and referring to the rom question, if they see that there is the binary changed and another rom, they'll make things more difficult to fix it.
I recommend you to install emmc brickbug check from playatore and run the memory test. if you pass it in fact there is no reason to worry about SDS if you continue using Roms with the fix (almost all of them have the fix, but ask first)

hope I clarified and helped, bests

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to aka_sirok For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tryunus
Old
(Last edited by tryunus; 23rd January 2014 at 06:15 AM.) Reason: Update
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
OK, the emmc brickbug check is runny at the moment.

Update: ''Test Passed''

Thanks friends. I'm now a little bit calmed.
NOKIA LUMIA 1320
GENERAL MOBILE DISCOVERY 16GB EDITION
SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB 3 7.0inch NoleKat v1.4 for T210