Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] (Q) media services using tons of battery

OP wilzard

23rd January 2014, 04:03 AM   |  #1  
Running Paranoid Android 3.99, android 4.3.

I do not have google play music installed. No Apollo. I do have mx player and codec installed.

I currently have no movies or music saved on my device. No custom ringtones or notifications.

I've used TiBU to convert some system apps to user apps and then greenified everything that isn't a required system app. Sync is off. I do not have currents installed at all.

I do not know what would be causing this. I'm only getting about 3 hours of screen time, and the second most % of anything shown in battery is mediaserver, right behind screen.

I've downloaded better battery stats and it is showing me that the tablet is going to deep sleep, 81.8% after 15 minutes which seems right about where it should be. Right now I've powered it down and doing a full charge to get a better reading with better battery stats.

I've searched, google and xda and other people have had a similar issue but the fixes they've suggested do not apply to me. As I said earlier, no music files, no movie files, only one picture, no google currents, google now is disabled, no play music, no apollo, only mx player and codec.

Does anyone have any ideas that might help me out? I'm at a complete loss.

Edit I think I may have found the culprit - A game I recently downloaded called Arc Squadron Redux, after letting the nexus sit for an hour after a full charge mediaserver was nowhere to be found, so I started testing my apps to see if I could find the cause, this happened to be the first one I tested and sure enough, after 10 minutes in the game mediaserver was in my battery list, 3rd this time behind screen and arc squadron... After closing out of the game mediaserver was steadily climbing in the usage percent, and I found arc squadron was showing as a cached process.
I may have to go change my review for that game, or let the devs know what it's doing.
Last edited by wilzard; 23rd January 2014 at 06:41 AM. Reason: more info.
23rd January 2014, 07:20 AM   |  #2  
Upon further reading I found this app http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2552255 and I thought I would leave it here just in case anyone else was having similar issues.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
battery drain, media services
Previous Thread Next Thread