TWRP install stall

Tip us?

Robbie_G
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 32
Default TWRP install stall

Hi,

I just unlocked my bootloader with v8 on the latest OTA update. I rebooted into the bootloader, and ”fastboot devices" returned mine just fine. Then I ran "fastboot -i 0x05B0 flash recovery twrp.blob" with the latest 2.6.3.2 version, but it has been about 10 minutes and nothing has happened, just the cursor flashing below the command as if it's doing something.

How long does this normally take? Should I interrupt it if it's abnormal? What should I do from here?

Thanks!

_that
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2076
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie_G View Post
Hi,

I just unlocked my bootloader with v8 on the latest OTA update. I rebooted into the bootloader, and ”fastboot devices" returned mine just fine. Then I ran "fastboot -i 0x05B0 flash recovery twrp.blob" with the latest 2.6.3.2 version, but it has been about 10 minutes and nothing has happened, just the cursor flashing below the command as if it's doing something.

How long does this normally take? Should I interrupt it if it's abnormal? What should I do from here?
Flashing the recovery takes only a few seconds - press Ctrl+C to abort. You mistyped the -i parameter - it's 0x0b05, not 0x05b0. If "fastboot devices" returns a proper serial number instead of "???????", you may also omit the parameter completely ("fastboot flash recovery ...").
The Following User Says Thank You to _that For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Robbie_G
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by _that View Post
Flashing the recovery takes only a few seconds - press Ctrl+C to abort. You mistyped the -i parameter - it's 0x0b05, not 0x05b0. If "fastboot devices" returns a proper serial number instead of "???????", you may also omit the parameter completely ("fastboot flash recovery ...").
Thanks, I actually typed it correctly in the command prompt. Fastboot.exe ended up crashing in windows (which I have used multiple times for other devices...). I restarted windows, downloaded the ”minimal adb and fastboot" tool, tried again with that one, and it worked.

Thanks for the tip about the -i and your prompt, helpful reply!

berndblb
Old
Thanks Meter 614
Quote:
Originally Posted by _that View Post
Ahhh! I sense the chance for another lesson!!
I have always wondered about this: When do you need to use the -i 0x0b05 parameter and when not - and why?
And yes - I did google it and didn't find an answer