Xperia Z1s from Tmobile

Search This thread

Shawnkanan

Dec 11, 2010
Quick question is there going to be a new thread for this device, the Tmobile Z1s? Also do any of the rooting,unlocking, and or any custom recoveries and roms work with the Z1s?

Sent from my C6916 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

epsix

Aug 29, 2010
Quick question is there going to be a new thread for this device, the Tmobile Z1s? Also do any of the rooting,unlocking, and or any custom recoveries and roms work with the Z1s?

No sub forum for Z1s, no unlock bootloader, no root, no cutom recovery as of yet. And no you can't use international Z1 stuff,itll brick your device.

Reactions: xxolvrdrmxx

xxolvrdrmxx

Aug 10, 2011
Thanks, good to know as I was planning on flashing the generic Canada firmware hoping to get rid of some restrictions (tethering) and bloatware.

Dr. Bogenbroom

Aug 24, 2011
Thanks, good to know as I was planning on flashing the generic Canada firmware hoping to get rid of some restrictions (tethering) and bloatware.

Ah that's a bummer. Just swapped out my Z for the Z1s today and of course I'm came here first to see how to go about getting other FW on it for those exact reasons. Hopefully patience will pay off.

Gene_Bailey

Sep 10, 2010
Temple
I have a question for Xperia z1S owners. Does this phone have hardware support for FM Transmitting? I don't have a car with an aux cable or Bluetooth so.. All of the music on my phone is inaccessible when I'm driving. But I'm hoping that the FM receiver can be made to transmit either natively or via 3rd party app?

jahjah440

Apr 30, 2011
I personally have the Z1s, and it has a built-in FM chip. You have to have a aux cable plugged into the 3.5mm jack for it to work though.

---------- Post added at 07:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 PM ----------

Why can't we get a sub-forum? There is like 4 different forums for the Galaxy S4 and the different carriers, same for Note III? There is enough difference between Z1 international and Z1s to warrant difference.

Reactions: fatannasty

cdd543

Sep 20, 2007
Anyone able to use wifi calling? It doesn't work for me.

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk

Ibkevin

Jan 1, 2013
Wyoming
Anyone able to use wifi calling? It doesn't work for me.

I get the little blue phone up in the status bar if I switch my setting to wifi preffered but I haven't tried actually making a call on it yet to see if it's truly working.

cdd543

Sep 20, 2007
I get the little blue phone up in the status bar if I switch my setting to wifi preffered but I haven't tried actually making a call on it yet to see if it's truly working.

Yeah mine shows that as well. It won't connect any calls though--tried on two wifi networks so far.

Ibkevin

Jan 1, 2013
Wyoming
Yeah mine shows that as well. It won't connect any calls though--tried on two wifi networks so far.

Just gave mine a shot. Turned it on, called my friend once the blue phone icon was up, icon turned green, call connected and worked fine. Afterwards I got a pop up saying congratulations you just completed your first wifi call.

Reactions: cdd543

scoobdude

Jan 8, 2008
I read something about it not working if you don't have a 911 address on file. Mine works wonderfully btw. No more buzz from my n4

My only issue is the led is weird. Hads different colors depending on the angle

Sent from my C6916 using xda app-developers app

cdd543

Sep 20, 2007
Just gave mine a shot. Turned it on, called my friend once the blue phone icon was up, icon turned green, call connected and worked fine. Afterwards I got a pop up saying congratulations you just completed your first wifi call.

Cool thanks. Mine goes from blue to green, but won't connect.

cdd543

Sep 20, 2007
I read something about it not working if you don't have a 911 address on file. Mine works wonderfully btw. No more buzz from my n4

My only issue is the led is weird. Hads different colors depending on the angle

Sent from my C6916 using xda app-developers app

Yeah I registered my address when I started looking around for solutions. Pretty odd.

epsix

Aug 29, 2010
Yeah I registered my address when I started looking around for solutions. Pretty odd.

I just checked my.tmobile account and e911 wasn't enable, but wifi calling works for me. :) Was about to enable it, but you know what they say...if it's working don't touch it. :D

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk 2

K

KevinRblz

Anyone aware if anyone is even trying to root or unlock our boot loader?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

No sub forum for Z1s, no unlock bootloader, no root, no cutom recovery as of yet. And no you can't use international Z1 stuff,itll brick your device.
    I personally have the Z1s, and it has a built-in FM chip. You have to have a aux cable plugged into the 3.5mm jack for it to work though.

---------- Post added at 07:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 PM ----------

Why can't we get a sub-forum? There is like 4 different forums for the Galaxy S4 and the different carriers, same for Note III? There is enough difference between Z1 international and Z1s to warrant difference.