Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,279 Members 53,333 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How to root I9505XXUFNA5?

Tip us?

fcesario2
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default How to root I9505XXUFNA5?

I have upgraded my gt-i9505 to I9505XXUFNA5. But i cant root now. I did all the steps to root but when i use the app "root checker" i receive the message "Please wait for root check to complete. System appears to br running very slow." What can i do?

Misterjunky
Old
(Last edited by Misterjunky; 23rd January 2014 at 08:38 AM.)
Thanks Meter 2,386

DONATE TO ME
Thumbs up re: root

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcesario2 View Post
I have upgraded my gt-i9505 to I9505XXUFNA5. But i cant root now. I did all the steps to root but when i use the app "root checker" i receive the message "Please wait for root check to complete. System appears to br running very slow." What can i do?
Go to the play store and download the free version of Titanium backup or Rom Manager.
Titanium backup and Rom Manager both require ROOT access and they will ask you to allow it.

Forget about the "root checker" app, it's not needed and perhaps it's even faulty.

If Titanium backup or Rom Manager asks for root access and you grant it, it means that you are
fully rooted and you don't have any issues with root.

If trying the above does not show you that you do indeed have root access then download
cf-autoroot and unzip it and flash the TAR file using Odin.
CF-AutoRoot will give you full access after flashing it, but even then use Titanium backup
or Rom Manager to make sure you have root, not that "root checker" app you have.

Here is the direct download link for cf-autoroot:
http://download.chainfire.eu/316/CF-...etrieve_file=1

This zip file contains cf-autoroot.tar and the Odin files in case you need it.
Unzip all the files into an empty folder on your desktop.

Good luck!
Have a great day, enjoy!

Don't forget it takes less time to click the "THANKS" button than to type "thank you".
(unless you type very fast).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Misterjunky For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]