Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,480 Members 45,176 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Unfortunately, S note has stopped

Tip us?
 
ahmadsaid84
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 15
Join Date: Jun 2011
Question [Q] Unfortunately, S note has stopped

Since I updated my Note 2 “N7100” to android 4.1.2 stock rom through ODIN two months ago, I see this message every time I try to open S note and also upon starting up the device “Unfortunately, S note has stopped”
The only thing I can do is When I call someone and I pull the stylus the Mini S Note open and I can write whatever I want in the mini note and save it but after that I cannot open it gain, actually I cannot see it gain
After rooting the device I tried to uninstall S note then flash it again through the recovery “I grab the source from XDA forum” but it didn’t help
I google this problem in the web and I found some threat here mentioned that the solution is as following
Setting>Language and Input>Samsung keyboard setting>Handwriting>Input language, then I should install any language and that will fix the problem
But when I entered the “Handwriting” There is no “Input language”, I have only the following inside the Handwriting :
Recognition Type – Recognition time – Pen Thickness – Pen colour – Gesture guide – Tutorial – About
That’s it no “Input language” inside the ” Handwriting”
I only find the “Input language” when I first entered the Samsung keyboard setting but not inside the ” Handwriting”
I also tried to restore factory setting but also it didn’t help
I know there might be a similar threat for this problem here but all of them didn’t work for me
Can anyone help me to make the S note come back to life
My note 2 details :
Note 2 Android version is 4.1.2
Baseband Version: N7100DDDMG1
Build Number : _____.N7100XXDMG1
 
cosmyndemeter
Old
#2  
cosmyndemeter's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1625
Posts: 853
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Bucharest

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmadsaid84 View Post
Since I updated my Note 2 “N7100” to android 4.1.2 stock rom through ODIN two months ago, I see this message every time I try to open S note and also upon starting up the device “Unfortunately, S note has stopped”
The only thing I can do is When I call someone and I pull the stylus the Mini S Note open and I can write whatever I want in the mini note and save it but after that I cannot open it gain, actually I cannot see it gain
After rooting the device I tried to uninstall S note then flash it again through the recovery “I grab the source from XDA forum” but it didn’t help
I google this problem in the web and I found some threat here mentioned that the solution is as following
Setting>Language and Input>Samsung keyboard setting>Handwriting>Input language, then I should install any language and that will fix the problem
But when I entered the “Handwriting” There is no “Input language”, I have only the following inside the Handwriting :
Recognition Type – Recognition time – Pen Thickness – Pen colour – Gesture guide – Tutorial – About
That’s it no “Input language” inside the ” Handwriting”
I only find the “Input language” when I first entered the Samsung keyboard setting but not inside the ” Handwriting”
I also tried to restore factory setting but also it didn’t help
I know there might be a similar threat for this problem here but all of them didn’t work for me
Can anyone help me to make the S note come back to life
My note 2 details :
Note 2 Android version is 4.1.2
Baseband Version: N7100DDDMG1
Build Number : _____.N7100XXDMG1
go to settings --> language and imput --> samsung keyboard --> select input lsnguages
select a language to download than mark it (don't forget this step)
Nihil sine Deo!!!


 
rom: X-Treme ROM ~ * ~ --->>>for Note II ( GT-N7100 )

My PM is NOT technical support !!!

ask on the forum, you will get quicker response
 
ahmadsaid84
Old
(Last edited by ahmadsaid84; 8th January 2014 at 04:07 PM.)
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 15
Join Date: Jun 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmyndemeter View Post
go to settings --> language and imput --> samsung keyboard --> select input lsnguages
select a language to download than mark it (don't forget this step)
I Did that again now
I download some language and mark it but it didn’t help
I Also updated some language and mark it but also it didn’t help
I have swiftkey keyboard installed and I unchecked before doing anything to samsung keyboard but also didn’t make any different !!!!
I also restarted the device but nothing new
 
cosmyndemeter
Old
#4  
cosmyndemeter's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1625
Posts: 853
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Bucharest

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmadsaid84 View Post
I Did that again now
I download some language and mark it but it didn’t help
I Also updated some language and mark it but also it didn’t help
I have swiftkey keyboard installed and I unchecked before doing anything to samsung keyboard but also didn’t make any different !!!!
I also restarted the device but nothing new
try with factory reset
or do a clean install
Nihil sine Deo!!!


 
rom: X-Treme ROM ~ * ~ --->>>for Note II ( GT-N7100 )

My PM is NOT technical support !!!

ask on the forum, you will get quicker response
 
ahmadsaid84
Old
(Last edited by ahmadsaid84; 8th January 2014 at 04:47 PM.)
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 15
Join Date: Jun 2011
I already make a factory reset and it didn’t work
But what exactly do u mean by clean install ??
Sorry I know I am a nope
 
mydragoon
Old
#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 23
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmadsaid84 View Post
I already make a factory reset and it didn’t work
But what exactly do u mean by clean install ??
Sorry I know I am a nope
there's a new s note apps on Samsung apps (store). just go there, click update. but note that its not really an update. you'll actually be installing a new S Note apps (yes, you end up with two S note apps after that). but you'll be prompted to import files from your old one.

good luck.
The Following User Says Thank You to mydragoon For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
ahmadsaid84
Old
#7  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 15
Join Date: Jun 2011
Thanks mydragoon
I searched Samsung app for the S note app you mentioned but I didn’t find it
I only find S note viewer
Can you please send me a link to the app you mentioned
Thanks for your help
 
mydragoon
Old
#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 23
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmadsaid84 View Post
Thanks mydragoon
I searched Samsung app for the S note app you mentioned but I didn’t find it
I only find S note viewer
Can you please send me a link to the app you mentioned
Thanks for your help
hi... sorry for the late reply.

when you login to Samsung apps store from your note 2, it should prompt you to update. that is the case for me... not sure if that helps...

Tags
s note, s note has stopped, s note problem
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


TRENDING IN THEMER...