5,596,179 Members 34,737 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How to upgrade bootloader to 10.26.1.18 ?

Tip us?

Sleeepy2
Old
Thanks Meter 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calp View Post
It did indeed start installing the update just as you said it but after 30 % or so an error errupted and the android guy fell over again. I booted the tablet and received "error no 12 - the update package is not compatible with your current software. please check your software version and number in the settings and use the right update package."
I did use the UL-K00C-WW-10.26.1.18-user.zip which is for WW SKU, and the build number in the settings says:
JSS15J.WW-epad-10.26.1.7-20131108

The method with SDUpdate file doesn't work either. It doesn't recognize it in the bootloader (as explained in the official info document from asus) and when I boot into recovery manually the installation fails after a second or so.

I'm really sorry for bothering that much, but do you know what's my fault?

Update: I just kept on trying and with the fourth try it did work! It did update to .v18, now the build number in settings AND the bootloader confirms it. THANK YOU SO MUCH, everyone @ berndblb, usoska, super0dd, Sleepy2 and sbdags! I'm in your all's debt.

So I will now flash
- this recovery : http://droidbasement.com/db-blog/?p=3223
Once this is done,
- I finally flash the CROMi-X ROM with the just installed CWM 6.0.4.6

Is that correct or did I miss anything?

I am so thankful, guys!

WooHoo! excelent. Glad you got everything all sorted out.
Galaxy Nexus
ROM:SlimKat

ASUS Transformer TF701
ROM: CROMi-X

HP TouchPad
ROM: CM 10 something or other.

Rogers Magic
Recovery: ??
SPL: SPL 1.76.2007
Radio: 6.35.16.19
ROM: ??
Only use this phone for my XBMC remote
I keep needing this
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=717874

Rogers Dream - with root
Dead battery, my kids get to use it as a toy phone now
The Following User Says Thank You to Sleeepy2 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sbdags
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 11261

DONATE TO ME
Guys I've tried for 2 days to make a flashable zip to flash the latest bootloader and recovery but the tools asus provided only appear to work with the stock recovery. CWM currently does not support this method and I'm giving up at the risk of bricking.

So the method for now is the one posted above:

Fastboot flash the asus stock recovery.img and then update to the latest firmware then fastboot flash the latest CWM.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ASUS Transformer TF700T/TF201/TF300T(GL)/ME301T
[ROM] CROMBi-kk TF700 Infinity
[ROM] CROMi-X TF700 Infinity
[ROM] mini-C TF700 Infinity
[ROM] CROMi-X TF300T(GL) | TF201 Prime | ME301T Smart Pad 10

ASUS Transformer TF701T
[ROM] CROMi-X TF701T

Google Nexus 5
Rocking Stock!

Please Donate Here to support CROMi-X Development
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sbdags For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Sleeepy2
Old
Thanks Meter 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbdags View Post
Guys I've tried for 2 days to make a flashable zip to flash the latest bootloader and recovery but the tools asus provided only appear to work with the stock recovery. CWM currently does not support this method and I'm giving up at the risk of bricking.

Fastboot flash the asus stock recovery.img and then update to the latest firmware then fastboot flash the latest CWM.
2 days, how dare you. You should be concentrating on b4 and only b4.
:P

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Galaxy Nexus
ROM:SlimKat

ASUS Transformer TF701
ROM: CROMi-X

HP TouchPad
ROM: CM 10 something or other.

Rogers Magic
Recovery: ??
SPL: SPL 1.76.2007
Radio: 6.35.16.19
ROM: ??
Only use this phone for my XBMC remote
I keep needing this
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=717874

Rogers Dream - with root
Dead battery, my kids get to use it as a toy phone now

Calp
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbdags View Post

Wow, you're crazy! I really appreciate your help, mate.
For anyone else needing to do these stips, here's the download link for the stock recovery which you have to flash first: http://droidbasement.com/db-blog/?p=3210 ( i also tried a different one but only this one did work in the end)

Also, thanks a lot for the ROM, sdbags. I've been using it for a couple of hours now and it seems to work like a charm. Great work, mate!

Sent from my K00C using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to Calp For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]