FORUMS

New Xposed for Lollipop 5.0 Update Fixes Major Bugs

Senior Recognized Developer rovo89 has patched Xposed for Lollipop 5.0 to … more

Download Sony’s new AOSP-like concept for Xperia Z3

Over in our forums, Recognized Contributor Jozinek has posted a very … more

OnePlus 2 vs Moto X Style: Which is The Better Flagship?

Two big industry names have announced their newest flagship phones within the … more

Making Your Own Xposed Modules Is Easier Than You Think

Close to the heart of XDA is the Xposed Framework by Rovo89. Most of … more

[Q] Oppo Find 5 - Which Kernel do you use?

74 posts
Thanks Meter: 14
 
By chuSmu, Member on 17th January 2014, 11:32 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hi there,

I was unsure if I should ask this in the Oppo Forum or here, if I am in the wrong place just tell me!

As for my question: I just wanted to know what kernel other user owning the Find 5 and running Omni Rom are using.
I was kind of unable to find a fit when i searched in the Find 5 Forum in "Android Original Development" (this was the right forum right?). So I am happy about any reply. If you could drop a few words on why you use this very kernel, even more!

If I was just plain dumb/blind asking this question cause it was answerd a thousand times before - please give me directions, I really didn't find what I was looking for.

chuSmu
 
 
19th January 2014, 04:25 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 5,161
 
Donate to Me
More
Every oppo find 5 kernel for 4.3/4 is a custom one since coloros is still at android 4.2
Which is what oppo shares on their github.

For 4.3/4 there are AFAIK only two kernels
-based on the omnirom one
-from cfxe http://www.oppoforums.com/threads/ao...weeklies.5630/

Dont know about CM
Last edited by maxwen; 19th January 2014 at 04:31 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to maxwen For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th January 2014, 04:37 PM |#3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 14
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxwen

Every oppo find 5 kernel for 4.3/4 is a custom one since coloros is still at android 4.2
Which is what oppo shares on their github.

For 4.3/4 there are AFAIK only two kernels
-based on the omnirom one
-from cfxe http://www.oppoforums.com/threads/ao...weeklies.5630/

Dont know about CM

Ok, thanks a bunch - that explains it. I concluded from your post that 4.3 kernels work on 4.4 too? Is that correct?
But i thought that there were only two major differences between kernels for the same device and the same
android version - sense and aosp. Your words were "the only ones based on omni rom..." does that mean there are more
differences i have to look out for? Sorry.. i really still am a noob when it comes to kernels and stuff.
21st January 2014, 03:46 PM |#4  
Senior Recognized Developer
Flag Owego, NY
Thanks Meter: 25,325
 
Donate to Me
More
Keep in mind that modified system configurations (such as changing the kernel) are NOT supported by Omni.

If you are running a kernel other than the included one, your configuration becomes invalid for any bug reports.
The Following User Says Thank You to Entropy512 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st January 2014, 08:06 PM |#5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 14
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy512

Keep in mind that modified system configurations (such as changing the kernel) are NOT supported by Omni.

If you are running a kernel other than the included one, your configuration becomes invalid for any bug reports.

Thanks for the info - I did not know this..it might actually keep me from installing another kernel. It was just that i wanted to toy a little around wih it (after reading some more ^^) simply cause I have never done it before and wanted to experience firsthand how it can affect performance and battery life.
22nd January 2014, 03:55 PM |#6  
Senior Recognized Developer
Flag Owego, NY
Thanks Meter: 25,325
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuSmu

Thanks for the info - I did not know this..it might actually keep me from installing another kernel. It was just that i wanted to toy a little around wih it (after reading some more ^^) simply cause I have never done it before and wanted to experience firsthand how it can affect performance and battery life.

Many of the tweaks that people install custom kernels for can be simply achieved by altering the tuning settings of their existing kernel.

For example, those who really like battery life may wish to choose the conservative governor and set aggressive up/down thresholds. (up threshold 90 and down of 60 is what I use)
The Following User Says Thank You to Entropy512 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd January 2014, 11:57 AM |#7  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 14
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy512

Many of the tweaks that people install custom kernels for can be simply achieved by altering the tuning settings of their existing kernel.

For example, those who really like battery life may wish to choose the conservative governor and set aggressive up/down thresholds. (up threshold 90 and down of 60 is what I use)

Yeah that's what I was looking for. Though i failed to realize that these options are provided ^^. It's kinda embarassing cause i only noticed
them when i wanted to switch apps with switchtr and pulled out the sliding bar by accident.
So yeah i had what i wanted all along .. Well anyways ... thanks for providing the settings you use. I'm gonna try them!

chuSmu
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes