XDA and Leaseweb: Server Trial/Moto 360 Contest (Winners!)

About a month ago, we held a contest along with XDA’s host, Leaseweb, to … more

Updated Android Lollipop Preview Images – XDA TV

The Android Lollipop Preview Images are now available! That and much more news is … more

Get a Complete Set of Logs with Andy Log

The importance of proper logging is undeniable. No, we’re not talking about lumberjack work. … more

Try Some Android Lollipop Applications on Your Device

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been officially announced and lucky users of Google Nexus 5 … more

Unlock U.S. Cellular model

OP captemo

19th January 2014, 01:03 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kentucky
Thanks Meter: 1,029

1,527 posts
More
So I have ample experience here on XDA however, never had the need to unlock a phone.
A friend who has a U.S. Cellular model sch-r960 loves her Mega, but she just moved and now has no service. She has an ATT tower real close and I wondered if there is a way to unlock it. A valid proven way.
I have searched other threads which state they can unlock, but nobody claims actual valid success. One response is "inbox me"??? I am sure its just bad english, but if the terminology is that far off, what else is that far off?

Also saw a website for cell unlocker, guaranteeing success??
Skeptical.......can anyone validate?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using xda app-developers app
19th January 2014, 01:06 AM   |  #2  
Hendersonville NC
Thanks Meter: 1,127

4,076 posts
Donate to Me
More
Yo bro...I used a websote like cell unlocker my my old note man. Those sites are pretty legit...it just take a little while to get the code for some ..I was lucky and got my code in like 30 mins. Id try that first

*SHAYNEZ*KCCO*
The Following User Says Thank You to shayneflashindaily For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th January 2014, 02:58 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kentucky
Thanks Meter: 1,029

1,527 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shayneflashindaily

Yo bro...I used a websote like cell unlocker my my old note man. Those sites are pretty legit...it just take a little while to get the code for some ..I was lucky and got my code in like 30 mins. Id try that first

*SHAYNEZ*KCCO*

I saw that site. Hard to trust sites like that, unless you get some kind of success recommendation. Trying to look up her imei, but says invalid. Ours are 15 digits, she only gives me 14.

Sent from my K00F using xda app-developers app
19th January 2014, 03:03 AM   |  #4  
Hendersonville NC
Thanks Meter: 1,127

4,076 posts
Donate to Me
More
I cant remember how many numbers but 15 sounds right....wish I could remember the site I used sorry man .. I hope you two figure it out good luck :beer:

*SHAYNEZ*KCCO*
19th January 2014, 04:46 PM   |  #5  
Middle Earth
Thanks Meter: 353

1,478 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by captemo

So I have ample experience here on XDA however, never had the need to unlock a phone.
A friend who has a U.S. Cellular model sch-r960 loves her Mega, but she just moved and now has no service. She has an ATT tower real close and I wondered if there is a way to unlock it. A valid proven way.
I have searched other threads which state they can unlock, but nobody claims actual valid success. One response is "inbox me"??? I am sure its just bad english, but if the terminology is that far off, what else is that far off?

Also saw a website for cell unlocker, guaranteeing success??
Skeptical.......can anyone validate?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using xda app-developers app

AT&T is gsm
US Cellular is CDMA

I don't think it will work.

US Cellular does have a simcard for their 4G but not sure if it can be hacked to work on AT&T's gsm network.

Sent from my GT-I9205 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to zcink For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd January 2014, 12:15 PM   |  #6  
Flag NYC
Thanks Meter: 14

272 posts
More
Did anyone discover if you can add an APN from at&t or T-Mobile to the us cellular version and get it working?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread