CM7?

OP marc206

18th January 2014, 12:18 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 11

42 posts
Is there anything close to cyanogenmod7 steel droid for other devices are based off cyanogenmod but is basically a modded stock rom. I don't think its even worth the time for making cm10 for this phone because the battery life lasts no longer then 2 hours when used constantly. This is my main phone right now and I just need a daily rom that's stable.
18th January 2014, 04:17 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 323

1,331 posts
As I recall, there was never a full featured CM7. If you want something good and stable, try Minimoto and get past trying to find a CM/AOSP that will work.
23rd January 2014, 01:57 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 3

22 posts
Yep, definitely go with the Minimoto ROM and if you're very concerned with your battery life you should also install some extra screen brightness control app like Velis Auto Brightness (free) and adjust the response curve so that your screen brightness is at the lowest level you find acceptable for every point on the range of possible ambient light levels. I couldn't believe how much life I could squeeze out of my battery after I did the brightness thing, even after having gotten used to the difference that Minimoto itself had made.

If that's still not enough for you, I've seen some higher-capacity BF6X batteries for the Droid 3 on eBay, at sub-$10 prices.
The Following User Says Thank You to donjoe0 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread